Why there is no "always ask" option for sms on dual sim manager settin in my new Moto E4 plus?

A

AC Question

Why there is no "always ask" option for sms on dual sim manager settin in my new Moto E4 plus?

Just bought the phone yesterday. I like the look and battery and the smooth operation. But when setting the SIM card preference of this dual SIM phone, there is no option to always ask which SIM to send an SMS from. I can only select either to use SIM 1 or SIM 2. My 2015 vibe K5 did better. Can someone help..?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why there is no "always ask" option for sms on dual sim manager settin in my new Moto E4 plus?

That's just the way Motorola decided to write the ROM. Try Dual SIM Control. If it works on your phone, one of the options is defaulting the SIM for SMS. (There are more options.)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why there is no "always ask" option for sms on dual sim manager settin in my new Moto E4 plus?

Normally you can switch it in the SMS app. Newer dual SIM phones removed the always ask option because it doesn't need to ask anymore. When you type your message, depending on the SMS app, there will either be 2 buttons labled 1 and 2, or just 1 send button labeled either 1 or 2. If you want to send the SMS from SIM 1, just press the send button labled 1. In other apps, a long press of the send button switches between SIM 1 and 2, and is labeled accordingly.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I just confirmed on my wife's G5+ and chanchan05 is right. In new Moto dual phones they removed that option from settings - SIM cards. Now when you write a message there's an small arrow on the right where you can select the SIM card. Also, you can set defaults for any contact on which card to use for calls and texts, this can be done from the contacts app too.