Why won't my Note 2 start up?

cganesh

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Note 2 won't start up

Today my note 2 did a random reset and froze on Samsung screen. I took out battery and replaced it. Phone won't restart. Repeated removing battery and tried to do a hard reset and nothing happened. What else can I do?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 2 won't start up

When you replaced the battery, did the phone get stuck on the Samsung screen again, or does it now not even turn on. If it doesn't even turn on, press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds and see if it turns on.

cganesh

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Totally blank screen. Holding power button not doing anything. Battery showed 100% just before pulling the battery the first time. Nothing happens when I plug in the charger either.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Last effort... pull the battery and leave it out. Also pull the SD and Sim cards. Press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds... do this about 3 times (drains stray capacitance in the phone). Reinstall the battery (not SD and SIM) and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. See if the phone turns on. If it's still blank, then you possibly have a dead phone. Next stop... repair shop, or buy a new phone. No working phone should need to go through this much effort to turn it on.

cganesh

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for trying to help. Did as suggested and still no sign of life. No vibration.... will look for a cheap replacement while I wait for next version of Note so I can have data card.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

will look for a cheap replacement while I wait for next version of Note so I can have data card.
Ahhh.... you mean the Note 6? I'm waiting to see how it develops also. I currently own a Note 4. Great phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik