Wifi bug and hotspot woes

Dabba87

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a sprint galaxy S6 that I rooted years ago with the pingpong root. So its on the stock rom and never updated passed 5.0.2 I believe. I haven't done much with the root except enjoy the use of the hotspot that sprint tries so hard to deny users. However lately I've been having problems. The build in hotspot no longer works, and I suspect its some stealth update from sprint. It'll turn in without issues, but then I'll watch my mobile data disappear. The 4G blinks off, then it tries 3g, then nothing, then 4g, 3g, nothing, etc... Turn the hotspot off and everything returns to normal.

Fine. I'll download "Wifi Tether Router" and use that. However, every 5-15 mins my laptop loses connection and the hotspot won't show up in the list of networks despite it still running. What I suspect happening is my wifi is quickly turning on and off, disrupting the hotspot. Now, after getting the phone and going through all the settings, I turned off connection optimizer and unchecked the allow scanning. However every once in awhile while using the phone, if I happened to have the drop down menu down.. I'd notice the wifi quickly cycle on then off. It never affected anything I did so I left it be. Now when using the tether app, I rechecked all my settings, even turning off "keep wifi on while asleep" and checked the dev settings to make sure the wifi scanning/roaming was off. I am completely lost. Are there any settings I'm missing? Is there anything I can do with root to stop wifi from turning itself on without user interaction?

Or, is there any way to fix my built in hotspot? I have a new laptop and now have more use for this function.

Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174