WIFI Drops, interrupts, zombies. Anyone got fix?

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
gang I see from around the web a lot of people have the same GS3 issues I'm seeing, with lots of "snake oil" fixes but none I've found yet are the right cure.
This is a T-Mobile setup and we are DEPENDENT on the WIFI calling feature working like magic.

This handset is like new and everything works pretty well except for WIFI Connectivity. If the AP / router signal is REALLY exceptionally strong, its fine. In real life, not so good.
I do tech work for a living and my home/home-office setup is pretty good. All my many devices have no issues with WIFI connectivity except the GS3 which seems to have a lot of trouble negotiating between physical routers that are in one AP with one credential set [the normal way to setup such things.].
Best I can tell, the drops occur where both the fields from the routers are at a lowish point, and the GS3 apparently loses the connection when trying to pick a router or something.

All these devices connect fine with no issues:
thinkpad
2 ipad Mini's [not the strongest wifi devices on earth...]
2 windows xp workstations
1 windows 8.1 workstation
2 windows 8 notebooks [hp, gateway]
Galaxy T879 original HUGE Galaxy Note... fabulous device
Galaxy S4G
Galaxy S2 [when he's here..]
lots of visitors... iphones, ipads, etc

Just to be sure, I've redone all my wifi settings and even selected a different channel since that's one of the first things people always say go and change [cause it always looks like the grass is greener]. no change for the GS3

The handset is on the latest build, rooted and debloated. We've tried it with everything turned off except WIFI, and with pretty much everything turned ON plus wifi. About the same results except that with facebook, twitter, etc etc all running we get the occasional fail-to-update or fail-to-connects audible and visual notification.

Besides dropping, this handset is a nuisance re: interruptions and slow to redo its connections. The Note [ICS] for instance just fixes things without complaining or interrupting. The jellybean GS3 interrupts the screen etc for everything. all that interrupt traffic aggravates the issue.

ALL ideas are welcome! pls help if there is help before I let 'er go and find a better device

C

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There should be a button on the router with two arrows forming a circle. Push it and connect using wps in your phone's wifi settings.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell