Wifi keeps turning on even though it's turned off?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If I walk into a Starbucks or somewhere else there is public wifi, my phone automatically activates wifi. How do I prevent this from happening?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Bob Schap

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
do you have a battery saver app? try tweaking the settings. i've been having the same problem and saw that somewhere. will check back here if that doesnt work.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what Battery Guru does... so I can not comment to that.

Under Settings > Wi-Fi > Do you have "Auto-connect" enabled? I prefer turning mine off.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
From the Snapdragon Battery Guru description in the Google Play Store:

Q. Why is my Wi-Fi ON sometimes, when I?m expecting it to be OFF?
A. Snapdragon BatteryGuru?s Wi-Fi management feature turns Wi-Fi on when you need it and turns it off when you don?t, thereby saving you power. However, even when you don?t have Wi-Fi access Snapdragon BatteryGuru will periodically turn Wi-Fi on for few minutes to check if your ability to access Wi-Fi has changed. Likewise when you move to a new location, BatteryGuru will turn Wi-Fi on for a few minutes to check if Wi-Fi access is available. Fear not, turning on the Wi-Fi radio for a few minutes like this has little or no impact on your battery life.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I realize that it doesn't have a significant impact on my battery, but I have to go through the hassle of signing in to the wifi. I get this problem at work. My wifi bars are full but I can't access the Internet. I have to manually turn the wifi off to get back to 4G like 20 times a day. If it's Battery Guru doing this, I'm gonna uninstall the app.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

danagin

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Here's how I fixed this on mine. I have a Verizon note 3 on straight talk. Once I uninstalled the straight talk account app and the problem went away.

I messed with all of the wireless and network settings first, nothing changed the issue. Everytime the screen went off, then came back on, it was connecting to wireless.