Will any Note 2 accessories work on the Note 3?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak for it all, but I believe it has been confirmed to work with most. Heck the note 3 even works with the note 1 desktop dock I have.the port on the bottom should work fine with the older USB 2 connectivity options from the older phones.

Posted via Android Central App

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel safe using microUSB accessories with the 3.0 port. Have you put one in yet? It's loose and wiggles. That's dangerous in my mind using chips and an electric current.

Also samsung said using cables other than samsung 3.0 may cause your note 3 to blow up. Look it up.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 now Free

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't speak for it all, but I believe it has been confirmed to work with most. Heck the note 3 even works with the note 1 desktop dock I have.the port on the bottom should work fine with the older USB 2 connectivity options from the older phones.

I have the desktop dock, battery charger station and a big bag of other stuff for my Note 2 including screen protectors.
Oh well, if I'm going to play I'm going to pay.
Thanks.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably be OK as long as you don't use some cheap charger sold in mainland China

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The USB 3 is basically a mini HDMI and a micro USB port lol

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

Naw that is really what the mini USB 3.0 port looks like. Get a USB 3.0 external drive and it will look the same. The point is that the USB 3.0 port is actually backwards compatible with usb 2.0 so all usb 2 connected options should work. Only thing I am not sure of is mhl stuff, but I have already seen comments saying those work.

Let's keep things clean guys.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
So, should I transfer all my data to and from my desktop or laptop computer through Kies Air since my computers are both USB 2.0?
Thanks

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Read the user guide. It clearly states USB 2 cables will work on the Note 3. The USB 3 Plugin on the Note 3 allows for faster data transfers when connected to other devices with USB 3. I've connected my 3 to USB 2 devices without issues.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you use the USB 2 plug you should be OK. But if your computer has a USB 3 port and you use it with the Note 3's USB 3 plug, you will be told to download Kies 3.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
USB 3.0 provides two improvements.
1. Faster transfers
2. Increased power from host as the USB spec increased from 500 milliamps to 1.5 amps.

Other then those two things it won't give any improvement. There is even debate if the transfers will improve because that is still dependent on the phone and its storage being able to push data fast enough to take advantage of it. My understanding is it barely does.

All accessories that connect with usb 2.0 will likely work with just being a little off center. Like I said above my note 1 dock works fine though a little off center.

How you transfer data is up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Personally I like helium backup.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can use your phone with any good micro usb charger. I have used my rocketfish charger from best buy a few times. Not sure about the above comment about it feeling loose. The connection was very solid on mine.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel safe using microUSB accessories with the 3.0 port. Have you put one in yet? It's loose and wiggles. That's dangerous in my mind using chips and an electric current.

Also samsung said using cables other than samsung 3.0 may cause your note 3 to blow up. Look it up.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 now Free
NO, Samsung didn't say that. If you go to the Samsung website it shows the 3.0 port and says the 2.0 usb cables can still be used as it's backwards compatible. It just advices that charging via 2.0 will take longer.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Naw that is really what the mini USB 3.0 port looks like. Get a USB 3.0 external drive and it will look the same. The point is that the USB 3.0 port is actually backwards compatible with usb 2.0 so all usb 2 connected options should work. Only thing I am not sure of is mhl stuff, but I have already seen comments saying those work.

Let's keep things clean guys.

I bought the universal Galaxy mhl cable with my phone and it works great for plugging into my 24" LED at home. I was playing some games on it this morning.

I also bought the universal dock and car mount (which includes a charger). All three work perfectly. These are all the Samsung branded universal Galaxy accessories btw

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Tbone2299

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When I plug the note 3 in with a usb2 cable to my computer, I am not seeing it in my file directory as an option to be able to selct to transfer data. Any thoughts?

Read the user guide. It clearly states USB 2 cables will work on the Note 3. The USB 3 Plugin on the Note 3 allows for faster data transfers when connected to other devices with USB 3. I've connected my 3 to USB 2 devices without issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A