Will the HTC Hero get Froyo?

trevandy

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Theirs people working on porting it,but i doubt there will ever be a official release for the hero.It would take sprint and htc years to get it to us hero users.lol
what does the term porting mean as in porting it to the phone ive got a hero and would at least like to get froyo out of my remaing 12 month to go contract i know can be done by rooting but im clueless about that can you offer any advice i emailed htc earlier about froyo and they said in reply froyo is currently not available to hero users reading between the lines id of said if thats being honest then it means it will soon be available but obviously later rather than sooner as happend with eclair 2.1 thanks trev

trevandy

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will. Supposed to be released on 7/12/10.:rolleyes:
hi where did you hear hero will get froyo on dec 7th thats my birthday funny enough so be a nice present if true was gonna try root and update to froyo but ill wait now by the way i emailed htc today i was told that froyo was currently not available for hero so between the lines that means if the truth and youd expect that wouldnt we as it was customer services who i mailed means it soon will be so what you say about 7/12/2010 and that adds up to a yes so im hopefull now

trevandy

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Nobody get their hopes up. At this point an official 2.2 would be damn near miraculous. Ported, or specially compiled custom ROMs are probably on their way sooner or later though.
how do i port or get hold of a custom rom sorry if thats souns daft not sure what port is or a custom rom

trevandy

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Nobody get their hopes up. At this point an official 2.2 would be damn near miraculous. Ported, or specially compiled custom ROMs are probably on their way sooner or later though.
is there peple i can go to in my town to have 2.2 update and rooting done for money