Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon?

FWIW someone on XDA posted their experience trying to activate a MXPE on Verizon with a new sim. Didn't go too well...

Moto X 2015 Pure Edition Waiting Room - Post #490 - XDA Forums
I tried to do things the right way by ordering a nano SIM from Verizon. Today I tried to activate my MXP online. When I entered the IMEI, it told me that it was not valid. So, I called Verizon CS, and explained what I was doing. I was told that they would need to submit a form to add my IMEI, and it would take 2-3 days. I have a Verizon store in the next town over, so I figured I would drive over there after work, and get it activated. After I explained what I was trying to do to their greeter, the smug little **** looked at me, and said "Until Verizon approves that phone for our network, we will not be able to activate it". At that point I thought to myself, why did I even bother? I drove back home, trimmed the micro SIM from my G4 into a nano SIM, popped it into my MXP, and now it works just fine.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't fathom why someone would take a phone to a Verizon store to activate it. You put in a SIM, turn it on and use it. That's the whole process.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't fathom why someone would take a phone to a Verizon store to activate it. You put in a SIM, turn it on and use it. That's the whole process.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.
Did you read the story above? If you get a new sim from verizon they make you wait several days to get the IMEI in the system.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you read the story above? If you get a new sim from verizon they make you wait several days to get the IMEI in the system.

Yes, I just would have gone to using the old SIM off the bat. However, I'm kinda stuck doing that anyways because of unlimited. All my devices now run nano sims though, so it is a little easier to scale those up with an adaptor if needed.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I just would have gone to using the old SIM off the bat. However, I'm kinda stuck doing that anyways because of unlimited. All my devices now run nano sims though, so it is a little easier to scale those up with an adaptor if needed.

I have an active sim as well so it doesn't impact me. But anyone hoping to walk into a store or activate their new service with a SIM mailed from verizon may have issues.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Will the sim from a 2014 Moto X fit in the new X? If not, then I guess I have to either go into a store and get a new sim that fits, or modify the one I have now to fit.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I notice on some forums people are being told Verizon will not do it when they go to a store. Wondering if those are franchise stores, since they tend to be behind on information that corporate stores have and ironically not as helpful as corporate stores. At least that is the case at the ones where I live.

Last edited:

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
The OG moto X has a nano sim rite ? i have asked before and have different answers but most said nano , just checking one more time before my Pure shows up

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
The OG moto X has a nano sim rite ? i have asked before and have different answers but most said nano , just checking one more time before my Pure shows up

Yes, it has a Nano SIM. You'll be all set when the phone arrives.

Posted via the Android Central App

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I notice on some forums people are being told Verizon will not do it when they go to a store. Wondering if those are franchise stores, since they tend to be behind on information that corporate stores have and ironically not as helpful as corporate stores. At least that is the case in the ones where I live.

From my experiences, it doesn't matter what type of Verizon store you go into...they are all a-holes.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

First gen Moto X uses a Nano SIM.

Last edited:

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I just put my OG Moto X Verizon SIM in my new Pure Edition.

No issues, worked perfectly

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Nano Sim

Just discovered That my Droid maxx (current phone) has a nano Sim. From what I have seen posted, when I get my moto x pure addition I should be able to take the nano out of the Maxx and into the moto x and the activation should be good to go. Moto x pure should work. Talking about Verizon. Can anyone confirm? It took some digging to find out the type of Sim was in the Maxx. Thanks all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorawarsingh