will the Samsung S5 have screen size bigger than 5.5" or 5.7"?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think they'll be a little North of 5". I also hope it's not much bigger than that, considering the Note line already covers that screen size niche of the market very well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Good chance it'll be 5.3-5.5 with thinner bezel, but not much more than that. They'll want to keep a distinction between the two models.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
no way. At most it will be 5.2 but it will not add size to the phone. Like the Note series, they will increase screen without increasing the phone at all. Especially if they are getting rid of the home button.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
no way. At most it will be 5.2 but it will not add size to the phone. Like the Note series, they will increase screen without increasing the phone at all. Especially if they are getting rid of the home button.

In that case the leaked dimensions must be incorrect as they show a phone larger than the LG G2 which would suggest larger than 5.2"

Granted I think you are correct I do not see Samsung going much larger than the S4 considering they have the Note.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
In that case the leaked dimensions must be incorrect as they show a phone larger than the LG G2 which would suggest larger than 5.2"

Granted I think you are correct I do not see Samsung going much larger than the S4 considering they have the Note.

I think the consistent rumor is 5.25, the .05 is really insignificant.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the consistent rumor is 5.25, the .05 is really insignificant.

I agree I was just basing on the rumored link showing dimensions, hoping they are wrong as they show a phone bigger than the G2 which has a 5.2" screen. So unless the bezels are quite large it just doesnt make sense

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
For me, the size of the Note 3 is perfect. If the S5 comes with the same size screen, I might be jumping on it.. If not, I know I will go for the Note 4..These phones are upgrading while the previous ones are still top shelf.. That really put a bullet in the competition.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For me, the size of the Note 3 is perfect. If the S5 comes with the same size screen, I might be jumping on it.. If not, I know I will go for the Note 4..These phones are upgrading while the previous ones are still top shelf.. That really put a bullet in the competition.

I don't know that the S5 will have the same screen size as the Note 3. They need to differentiate the two lines, and I think this needs to be done at the screen size level in addition to the S-pen.

If the plan is to someday unify the devices and have 1 as opposed to 2 flagship models then yes, it makes sense to bring the screen sizes over together.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that the S5 will have the same screen size as the Note 3. They need to differentiate the two lines, and I think this needs to be done at the screen size level in addition to the S-pen.

If the plan is to someday unify the devices and have 1 as opposed to 2 flagship models then yes, it makes sense to bring the screen sizes over together.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

what if the S5 has the same screen size as the Note 2, but at DOUBLE the screen resolution? (then use the same screen for the upcoming Note 4) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59