Will verizon trade my xoom for 10,1

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you are nice and get the right people it is possible. They shipped out my replacement today.... should have my tab tomorrow
Wow i called them today & they told me i can cancel my plan on Xoom & transfer my data plan to the 10.1 if i wanted too..i went to Bestbuy & played around with the thing but i wasn't all that impressed.But Maybe i'm missing something...can someone tell me how the 10.1 is better than the Xoom..Screen on the 10.1: I wasn't blown away lol..The only thing i noticed different from the xoom is that 10.1 has vibration when you tap the keys...& scrolling thru screens on the 10.1 was laggy.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
can someone tell me how the 10.1 is better than the Xoom..Screen on the 10.1: I wasn't blown away lol..The only thing i noticed different from the xoom is that 10.1 has vibration when you tap the keys...& scrolling thru screens on the 10.1 was laggy.

No. Not if they are no honest about it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Im thinking of calling verizon and trying to see if they will allow me go buy the 10.1 on my current contract
They all but laughed at me. They said that they have done no false advertising and that if I have a problem with the upgrade then I should call motorola. I am calling both tomorrow and probably going to let these contracts run their course and go with another network. I have five lines and three data plans. They can suck it

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
They all but laughed at me. They said that they have done no false advertising and that if I have a problem with the upgrade then I should call motorola. I am calling both tomorrow and probably going to let these contracts run their course and go with another network. I have five lines and three data plans. They can suck it

You may want to wait until you get your Xoom upgraded to LTE at least. Although its unacceptable that Verizon Xoom owners have had to wait this long, its not too much longer and you'll have it. The screen on the Galaxy Tab is better, but literally everything else hardware wise is on par or better on the Xoom.

If you're still not happy, I would wait a few more months to see what other LTE tablets get released. They are coming fast and will be dropping in price rapidly as more competition comes out. It's inevitable that an even better tablet than the Galaxy will be released fairly soon and then everyone with a Galaxy tab will going after that. :)

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
That is correct... no contract change, no cost to me... they even will credit me for the Media Dock I have (just mailing it back with the Xoom within 10 days of getting the Tab)
well that's odd that they won't charge you.They told me they would just bill me for the price of the 10.1 over a period of time but that I could one up in the store today if I wanted.I just don't see what all the fuss is about of the 10.1.Can it handle 1080p vids or something?

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
well that's odd that they won't charge you.They told me they would just bill me for the price of the 10.1 over a period of time but that I could one up in the store today if I wanted.I just don't see what all the fuss is about of the 10.1.Can it handle 1080p vids or something?

I read that it will output 1080p with the HDMI Cable

Its supposed to have a better screen, lighter and thinner body... the big thing to me is that it has the 4G radio working out of the box.

There are cons, like the lack of an microSD slot, Micro USB & HDMI ports and using the proprietary connector... you have to be willing to give some things up for the size/weight. Originally I thought that I wouldn't want to be without those features, but after 7 months with the Xoom, I realize I don't need them as much as I thought and i'm willing to use the USB Host Adapter with a thumb drive if I need a boost in temp storage

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
OK oh well I don't see a point in getting one then.I will just stick with my Xoom until October when Asus drops their new tablet with the Kal-el processor.Samsung waited to long to pull the trigger & now they're behind in the race.Heck even Apple is releasing a I pad with a super HD resolution this fall.

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I called and was able to get a credit on my account for the past data plan charges for the Xoom. They also let me out if my contract, which allowed me to sell my Xoom and buy the tab at upgrade price. After the accountt credit and the proceeds from my Xoom I paid $75 out of pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I called and was able to get a credit on my account for the past data plan charges for the Xoom. They also let me out if my contract, which allowed me to sell my Xoom and buy the tab at upgrade price. After the accountt credit and the proceeds from my Xoom I paid $75 out of pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Why do you want a tab over a xoom, its like a galaxy s over a nexus.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to explain the inferior part. Unless Motorola places a Xoom 2 inside my OG Xoom then I'm not sure how the word inferior comes to play.

By this time next year, chances are that we will all have "inferior" products as newer and improved models come to market (I've heard some talk of quad-core processors, etc). Whether or not the Tab 10 is slightly superior in some ways (not so in others, like SD card), that difference will ultimately pale in comparison to the difference between this years tablets and next year's.

The Tab 10 with functional LTE clearly has an edge of the stuck-on-3G Xoom - for now. But, is it even practical to try to trade up each and every time a slightly better device come around?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac