Will you be upgrading your Evo LTE for the HTC One?

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Its very tempting but I'm sticking with my lte. I just got my lte a month and a 1/2 ago and loving it. Can't see myself upgrading again. Especially with my financial situation and such. Damm I want that phone but oh well.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
nope... no sticking with Sprint

can't do this awful signal any longer 6 years is enough

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

LegendaryDrumr

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The One is what the LTE should've been (excluding the kickstand, camera shutter button and the SD Slot). Typing this, I just saw a commercial featuring Boomsound for the One. But back to what I was saying, the one thing o was concerned about was no expandable storage, but considering all the external storage options out there (WiFi hardrives, Usb hardrives and so on) if I really need more, I can get one of those. I am however leaving Sprint. I commute all over Dallas-Fort Worth where LTE is supposed to he prominent, but it seems to just be pockets here and there. Couple that with horrible 3G speeds (150kb/s) and I'm done with Sprint. If T-Mobile would ever just release the One, I'd be all over it. Everyone that I know that has T-Mobile never have problems with service here and consistently have better download and upload speeds compared to my LTE.

Skyy1

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
FYI. I had purchased my LTE from best buy and got their insurance, it had been giving me problems (super battery drain and overheating) so I took it in last week. They allowed me to hold on to it while I awaited a refurb. A couple day later they said they were ?junking? the lte and are giving me a credit (original retail $699) to purchase a new phone.. I was able to preorder the HTC one... Doesn't affect contract or anything... Super excited...

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC One only available in 32 gigs = I keep my evo lte

Oh my goodness. Since I seen rumors about the m7 I've been been telling myself I'll be happy with my evo lte. There are actually several things about my evo I like better...with that said

Today I went to the store and played with the One (jaw drops here). What an amazing device.

Build quality is almost unbelievable. I was really blown away. I just love how it feels in hand.

Smooth, I mean come on. I love Android but always been a bit jealous of apple I phone owners because of how smooth the transitions are on their phones. Not any more ;) HTC now has a phone that rivals or maybe surpasses that quality and that says a lot

Really not sure what to say...its just a phone but wow.

My evo lte has a 64 gig sd card so I'd be giving up over half the storage space plus kickstand plus camera button and about 6 to 700$ and I'm really considering it

Not sure how anyone could not like this phone really. Even if you do prefer a different phone

Damn nice job htc

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh my goodness. Since I seen rumors about the m7 I've been been telling myself I'll be happy with my evo lte. There are actually several things about my evo I like better...with that said

Today I went to the store and played with the One (jaw drops here). What an amazing device.

Build quality is almost unbelievable. I was really blown away. I just love how it feels in hand.

Smooth, I mean come on. I love Android but always been a bit jealous of apple I phone owners because of how smooth the transitions are on their phones. Not any more ;) HTC now has a phone that rivals or maybe surpasses that quality and that says a lot

Really not sure what to say...its just a phone but wow.

My evo lte has a 64 gig sd card so I'd be giving up over half the storage space plus kickstand plus camera button and about 6 to 700$ and I'm really considering it

Not sure how anyone could not like this phone really. Even if you do prefer a different phone

Damn nice job htc

Definitely tempting build quality wise when I played with it today. I can tell you though that when sense 5 hits the evo it'll be just as smooth. I'm rubbing the beta rom of it right now and it's fantastic.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to move to the HTC ONE, but just re-up'd with S* about 1 yr. ago, and don't really want to pony up more than about 350$ for the upgrade - and contract extension. I could probably sell my mint HTC EVO LTE for at least 100-150$ no contract required, and net pay out 200-250$ for the upgrade and 1+ year contract extension. but, would sprint somehow allow that?

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Had to.
Starting in December i started to NOT get incoming calls or texts. Happened on my GS3 and EVO LTE. They then tried modifying my account and updating account / device settings. No help.
I had 3 network trouble tickets in. Ill give them credit, they did try. But in middle Jan i tested TMO and 10 days later i ported out. .

OK, I'm running into the SAME issue, well, texts are only delayed but I am not getting phone calls at ALL on my phone while I am at work. I have 3 to 4 bars of signal strength, although occasionally, it will actually drop my 3G data connection. I called customer care on Friday regarding this and I WILL be calling them back today.
I sort of wonder if it's not part of their network upgrade stuff they have going on -OR- my phone has some issue. Data tends to work OK other than the occasional issue where it drops the data connection.
I spoke with Sprint Customer Care who have given me the "we are working on the Network Vision upgrade in your area" spiel...
I need to find someone with a t-mobile phone in my office and see how they like that network here.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Definitely tempting build quality wise when I played with it today. I can tell you though that when sense 5 hits the evo it'll be just as smooth. I'm rubbing the beta rom of it right now and it's fantastic.

Not to change the subject, but is there any word on when we will get a JB update? (4.2.1 Me thinks) I do like my EVO LTE but I can't justify spending the full amount just to upgrade to the One. (As much as I would really like to.)

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Not to change the subject, but is there any word on when we will get a JB update? (4.2.1 Me thinks) I do like my EVO LTE but I can't justify spending the full amount just to upgrade to the One. (As much as I would really like to.)
Aren't we already on JB with the last update? Granted, we aren't at 4.2.1 but still on 4.1.1... I would like to see an update with Sense 5.
(Which I MAY get by buying a different phone and putting this one on Swappa )

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Aren't we already on JB with the last update? Granted, we aren't at 4.2.1 but still on 4.1.1... I would like to see an update with Sense 5.

I quess i should have clarified... I know we are on 4.1.1 now. But Sense 5 would not be available until 4.2.x. So this should have been my real questions.... any word on when we might get 4.2.x?

- - - Updated - - -

I quess i should have clarified... I know we are on 4.1.1 now. But Sense 5 would not be available until 4.2.x. So this should have been my real questions.... any word on when we might get 4.2.x?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm running into the SAME issue, well, texts are only delayed but I am not getting phone calls at ALL on my phone while I am at work. I have 3 to 4 bars of signal strength, although occasionally, it will actually drop my 3G data connection. I called customer care on Friday regarding this and I WILL be calling them back today.
I sort of wonder if it's not part of their network upgrade stuff they have going on -OR- my phone has some issue. Data tends to work OK other than the occasional issue where it drops the data connection.
I spoke with Sprint Customer Care who have given me the "we are working on the Network Vision upgrade in your area" spiel...
I need to find someone with a t-mobile phone in my office and see how they like that network here.

You need to call care, and have them create a Network Trouble Ticket for your location. Write it down. I had 3 of them before leaving and i got half of my ETF waived because i showed them that i tried to give them a chance and they could not fix the issues. They also saw where my device was connected to the network but was missing calls and verified a network issue and not a phone issue. But thats off topic. sorry..

karaze49

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend is on my line and she's due for an upgrade. She's going to be getting it. I'm gonna be sooo tempted to get it once I start messing with hers.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Checked out the One today. Nice phone. I'm upgrade eligible, so I'll wait until next week and decide on the One, or the GS4. Winner either way.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just went from an EVO 4G LTE to the new HTC One, and it is much improved. I loved my EVO LTE, but I REALLY love the HTC One! The most noticeable thing is the super hi-res screen (reminds me of the retina iPhone screen). Very hi-res and great color. The phone seems to be an evolutionary improvement from the EVO LTE.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Got the one on launch. It's a beautiful phone all the way around! Never been happier

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I played with a One today at a Sprint store, and while I think it's a great phone, it just doesn't make a compelling case for me to shell out the bucks for an early upgrade from my EVO 4G LTE. Here's my really quick first impression:

I freakin' love the design of the One. It looks great, and feels good in the hand. I gave the demo unit a detailed inspection and couldn't find any manufacturing flaws with it (some have reported issues in other threads). I adapted to the weird button placement fairly quickly

I'm running the Sense 5 port on my EVO, and compared it side-by-side with the One. The EVO was every bit as smooth and quick as the One - weather animations, screen transitions, scrolling through BlinkFeed or the app drawer, I really couldn't spot any difference between the two. That was just mucking about through the UI; I'm sure there would be some improvement in more intensive use. To be fair though, the One is driving a much more demanding display.

I also really couldn't tell much difference in display quality. I think at these pixel densities on a 4.7" screen, improvements are going to be hard to see. About the only thing I could tell is that the One seemed to be calibrated a little "cooler" (more blue), than the EVO.

I didn't get to test the speakers or the camera extensively, and I don't think either one of those things would get me to upgrade from my EVO anyway.

All-in-all, if I was due for an upgrade, I'd be all over the One. But as it is, it just doesn't seem like a large enough leap over the EVO to justify the cost of an early upgrade.