Win another Droid Incredible from Android Central! (contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerhoodz06

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My old phone is the Blackberry Storm 1 and I'm really thinking about making the switch to android. This phone seems like one that would make me do it.

geraldstorms

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Currently, I'm using the Blackberry Curve2 from Verizon Wireless, great service, but the worst phone I've had in a long time, the internet is slow loading, my phone is garbage. As much as I want to buy one outright, I can't because I can't afford it, and my upgrade isn't available until April of 2011

ccrsems5

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Motorola E815

I actually have a Motorola Droid, but my second line is a Motorola E815 that may or may not charge up in the event of catastrophe!

So this would be a great phone to add to my Doid! Thanks.

Krynn

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm stuck on WinMo Standard 6.1

I've been limping along on a Blackjack 2 for a while now waiting for a good Android phone to show up on AT&T's network.... As a phone, it's not too bad. As a smartphone, well, about it's only redeeming feature is the Garmin Mobile XT I've got installed on it. Everything else on it sucks. :(
The Backflip is a joke. Dell is vaporware. I'm not partial to the Nexus One - never did like that style of trackball. I could always import a Milestone, but I've been thinking of jumping ship from AT&T anyway... This would certainly help!
Give me some Android lovin'! :D

mhamann

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Droid Eris in February. It's incredibly slow even after manually force upgrading it to Android 2.1, running task killers, and rebooting it every few days. I love Android, but I need a more powerful phone!

Replace my Eris with an Incredible!!

linkx2252

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh my god, if i have to stick out one more week with my Blackberry World Edition, i will kill myself.
I want this Droid. I need this droid. Please, AC. Help me. :(

anoi073

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I must have one.

I got the droid when it first came out.I'm am known to have a new phone when it comes out. I would like to keep my reputation but can not afford a new phone right now. Iwill make sure that thedroid gets put to good use. You guys add the best thank you.

balaz

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mr. Incred-ulous

I'm still stuck with my old Moto Startac!

Okay not really, but the BB Storm isn't much better... would really appreciate the hook up!

dnndev

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
gps doesn't work and double types letters

I have a palm pre on verizon and:

1- GPS does not work with google maps (constantly show my position miles from actual position), verizon does nothing to fix, they just say I need to get the vz navigator and pay extra 10 /month that I dont have.

2- when I type the phone constantly shows that I pressed a key twice or sometimes not at all. This is a mess, constantly takes twice as long to type a simple text, email or memo.

I need a different phone, its for a good cause.

rcorry

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Currently have an unlocked Blackberry on AT&T, that doesn't support AT&T's 3G bands and needs a battery pull just about every single day to try and keep a connection. One minute this POS is fine, the next it reads GSM or GPRS and can no longer make or receive calls. Pull the battery and re-seat each of them and if I'm lucky this thing will come up and give the 'edge' followed by 'EDGE'.....Blackberries need 'EDGE' to browse the web and such. Other times, even though it isn't in 'I don't see the network mode of gsm/gprs', it runs so slow and unresponsive I want to toss it into traffic. I really need a new phone and something that will let me totally forget about my old decrepic berry.

TyX

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a very dated LG Dare... with no data plan! Oh the humanity!

Seriously, though, I'd love to upgrade to the Incredible and plan to do so in the near future anyways, but winning one would make that happen a lot sooner! :D

Nephilim13

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an LG Dare on VZW. Got the "beta" firmware upgrade way back when and it screwed up the QWERTY typing. Earpiece no longer wokrs so I have to use speaker or Bluetooth to talk to anybody. Was waiting for the N1, but since that seems to be a no-go I need a new phone and want Android for the organization and google intigration.

groovin

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the storm 1. RIM has abandoned us, so no more updates. My 3.5 jack no longer works and FM transmitters suck in my Toyota Camry (but that's another angry rant lol) so no more mp3 functionality. My screen doesn't register correctly half the time (I'll tap the bottom left and it will register top left). I took it to Verizon and they stick a business card under the battery and said "we know the phone has issues. That's why we came out with the storm 2, buy that at full price if you don't like this one". I googled the problem and they said it happens in high humidity. I LIVE IN FLORIDA!

Tired of being the laughing stock of the smartphone community. It would also be nice to get a phone this awesome without having to give VZ $199. After they took away my pension and retirement medical benefits while paying our retiring president 20Mil for quitting. Yeah I'm an employee too.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My Blackberry Storm 1 is my current phone and is no longer a joy to use. In fact, it's infuriating. Constant hourglasses and random crashes/reboots. I only have 5-6 apps installed yet that seems to consume the paltry app memory. I am so looking forward to the day when I no longer have to use a Blackberry. While I love how BB handles emails, I want my phone to do so much more and the Storm ain't cutting it. An Android phone is the perfect upgrade for me. So, please pick me :)

anon(10986)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
another sad, disappointed, click screen touch screen, dated OS using Blackberry Storm 1 owner.

I think that about sums it up. I would love to put this thing out of its misery. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45