[Closed] Win one of five VR for G3 visors —*and a phone to go with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What excites me most is how far technology has came over the years. Nobody thought 10 years ago which would be 2005 that we would ever have such a thing as the vr. This kinda stuff makes me feel all energized inside. Can't wait for flying cars. We are almost there. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Outrager

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
It's going to be pretty cool to be able to play 3D games or watch 3D movies when going on long trips. Sure I might look a little silly, but at least the trip will feel way shorter.

MetalMike901

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
What excites me most about VR with smartphones is the immerse experience it should provide users. Imagine taking a virtual trip to Paris without ever leaving your recliner! Or exploring an underwater reef! The possibilities could be endless! Exciting stuff...

Ryan Callihan

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
What excites me about virtual reality is that it's a (relatively) cheap way to immerse yourself in a whole new world. Up until this point, phones have really only been good for obtaining information and interacting with people. Now I can strap on a VR headset and feel like I'm in a whole different world. That's huge!

Arasin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
While at the beginning, a bit gimmicky in my opinion, VR has opened up a world of possibility for multiple outlets. Literally. From education to law enforcement, engineering and beyond, the applications and growth potential of the medium is endless.

The implications for educational tools alone will allow students to experience places they may not otherwise be exposed to or have a chance to visit physically. Educators now have the opportunity to allow themselves the freedom of simply selecting devices for students to use and showing them exactly what they are learning about. From history teachers being able to reconstruct real scenes to let their students explore or allowing them to explore places such as the Arc D'Triumph or the House of Commons. Art Teachers being able to show the paintings or sculptures they are referring to with easy in a virtual museum setting rather than power points filled with distorted and de-saturated Google image searches of the works.

Law enforcement officers and investigators being able to recreate crime scenes in virtual as well as the way evidence is captured in its discovered settings, will allow for better judgement and discovery of a scene to make solving and implicating suspects a more swift and hopefully accurate process.

Engineers being able to visualize repair or modifications or how their design will work in real time and in the chosen location will allow for better aesthetics as well as functionality. They will also be able to foresee any problems that may arise on the build more easily. This will lead to better structures and overall safety for the public who use the structures.

VR is the beginning of a new angle on the world. A tool and entertainment medium that will only grow. I look forward to watching the infancy give way to practical technology and immersion.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm amazed that VR can be achieved with such a simple design. I need this when I'm trying to focus on something on my phone and I have distracting idiots surrounding me.

Posted via the Android Central App

joedevine1976

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have never played around with anything like vr. But it does sound exciting. I'm very new to Android am just learning about everything it has to offer. I would love to experience this.

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am excited to see the impact in education, especially in science and history. Imagine a student being able to explore another galaxy or relive an historical event, just using a smartphone and VR headset.

Audy Peoples

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The possibility of immersive gaming is becoming a reality with the invention of VR hardware! It makes me giddy like a little school girl! As long as i don't get stuck in the game forever like Sword Art Online then i'm all in!

cessnao3

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am really excited about the prospect of making new mobile games! I am just getting into Unity, and using VR with phones is a much easier way to get into VR than buying a whole headset, like the Occulus Rift, and I think that there are a lot of cool new things that these devices can do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha