Wireless Charger HELP!

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I need a wireless charger for a 2013 Nexus 7 Tablet. I found this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C40OG2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5672949 However it says: Package does NOT contain: include wireless charging receiver and power adapter)which I assume I need) any other suggestions. I am disabled and not able to change the USB (charging port) out..it still charges but I have to "beg" and tweak it for it to happen. Thanks.:cool:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi There, Like you read, this product includes the charging base and cable, but doesn't include a power adapter. You can use either a powered (2.1A) USB port in your computer or home outlet, or you can use the same power adapter you're currently using with your phone, but instead, you'll plug it into the charging base and then just place your phone on top to wirelessly charge it. If you don't have a charger with your device, however, you'll need to get one for this particular charging base (or have an available USB port somewhere you can plug it into).

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is a tablet and the charging port is bad so what I can use instead? I can use my phone adapter?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you can use your phone adapter for the wireless charging pad. Or the tablet's. Or any 2-Amp USB charger port (the base does come with a cable, from what I read on the Amazon listing). If the charging port on your tablet is what's damaged, then you can use the same charger you used there but plugged to the wireless charging base instead.

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay AmaZaon customer just said this: "Yes, you also need a usb power adapter and a charging receiver on your phone or tablet. This is only the charging pad."

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The 'charging receiver' is already built into your tablet. For devices that don't support this, they do sell 'induction coils' that are placed on top of the battery if it is user-accessible (not the safest, most recommended method, however). In your case, you only need the power adapter on which to connect the USB cable to the wireless charger, and you can use the same wired power adapter/charger you're currently using for your tablet.

Dmjohn29

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
FYI, I'm using the same adapter from Amazon and it works great. When you place the Nexus on the pad it will beep indicating it's charging.