Would you buy a refurbished Note 7?

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Too late. That train has left the station. Bringing back Note 7 to life is honestly a joke in my opinion. Samsung should move on and stop this madness.

They should be banning the word Note 7 for their own good, not start re selling the phone.

Waiting for Note 8. Nothing Else Matters (Metallica) lol

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok at this point there would have to be more than a good price for me. I would also like the 835 chip in there. This would make up for the reduction in battery size IMO.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7

I still want one, think it's a better phone than the S8, too bad I'll never get one.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 has a physical home button with finger print scanner, that is superior to the on screen buttons and finger print reader IMO.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally wouldn't -- The Note 7 had its chance with me so now I would go with the S8 + (which I have) or simply wait for the Note 8 if I wanted to the note like features.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I really like the look of the Note 7 and for the right price I would definitely pick up a 1 year old device. (In general)

Having said that, the battery problem will always be in the back of my mind and would hate for something to go wrong so for that reason only, I would have to let it go. Even if Samsung reassured me the battery is good, I would rather get a Note 8 or even a Note 5! 😃

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I would get a refurbed note 7 as I prefer that screen ratio over 2:1 screens in the s8/+ and rumored note 8. But not at the price they are rumored to be sold at in south korea. I would get on if it was $350 to $400 but being closer to $350 would be a definite yes for me. Too bad it will not release at that price point and I am betting will not get released in the U.S.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not. The S8+ finally got rid of that button, plus has updated and/or better hardware. Only thing the note 7r would have going for it would be the s-pen and a travel ban. Easier to wait 3-4 months for the note 8.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
There is a new report saying that the Note 7R could cost around $420.00. This is the last iteration of the of a Samsung flagship device with the physical home button. Does that change your mind at all about getting it if it came to you region?

Refurbished Galaxy Note7 to cost half as much as the original - GSMArena.com news

I would not get one simply because the S8+ is so much more than the N7 is. It would be a big step backwards imho. Then the battery is smaller so doubtful it would have the battery performance I am used to on the S8+.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site

I thought about FINALLY returning my N7 now that the S8+ is here. But I just use that pen way too much. I'm going to rock my 100% battery, still smooth running N7 until I can pre-order the N8, at which point I will send it back to Samsung for a reimbursement check for the full value of the phone 😀👍

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I would not get one simply because the S8+ is so much more than the N7 is. It would be a big step backwards imho. Then the battery is smaller so doubtful it would have the battery performance I am used to on the S8+.

Agreed - I'm running A Galaxy S7 Active because when the took my Note 7, I couldn't deal with my Note 5's battery life after having the Note 7 even for the short time we had them. Now with a smaller battery, no thanks! I'll wait for the 8!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I myself would not be interested in a Note 7R either for the simple fact that I am not satisfied with any phone that has last years technology. It would be ok as an emergency backup, but I already have enough of those. So I would have to pass on this as well.

I am sure that there are people that would be interested in it though and I would be curious to see how the actual sales figures are for it wherever it is released.

Shaprack

May 12, 2017
Visit site

It's still not clear whether they will sell outside of South Korea or Not till then its waste talking about it! Still its a one of the best Smartphone of 2016 and dosent feel like to be outdated in 2017 so Why not? and the new reports suggest that it will mainly come in two variants one with smaller battery and other will remain untouched and thats what i am concerned about! Why two models?

Samsung Galaxy Note 7R listed online for sale will come in two Variants - Gadget Lite

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

It says one will have a 3200 mAh battery aimed at Europe, US and Asia Pacific and the other will have a 3500 mAh battery, same as original.

I also read the 3500 mAh battery being used is a modified, small-volume version of the original battery. What is small-volume?

Shaprack

May 12, 2017
Visit site

It says one will have a 3200 mAh battery aimed at Europe, US and Asia Pacific and the other will have a 3500 mAh battery, same as original.

I also read the 3500 mAh battery being used is a modified, small-volume version of the original battery. What is small-volume?

I still dont know!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Read report that Note 7Rs are already being listed/sold in China!

Samsung Galaxy Note 7R Reportedly Selling in China Ahead of Launch | NDTV Gadgets360.com

I have been on the fence for the S8 or G6 but if this is true I would really want to get a 7R. Price is CNY 3,599 which comes to $522 US! $200-300 less than an S8 and less than a G6. And a somewhat limited edition phone if only 300,000 units.

Busy day but will look more into it later. If anyone has some firm info on a site/outlet in China selling them, please let me know. Just by chance I have family in Shanghai for the rest of the month.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't agree the S8 has more... the S8 is a Note 7 minus the pen features including Note taking on lock screen. If you have no use for the pen then I would say it's not worth it then but for me I'd love have that feature. Smaller battery and SD 820 but I can't imagine if being worse than the S8 at 3000 mah. Also for CNY 3,599 ($522 US) if really being sold in China... Cheaper than the S8 or G6... the Note 7R would definitely keep me entertained for at least a year and hold off on the Note 8 until this time next year. I'm afraid the Note 8 would be monstrous at 6.4" display and over $1k.