Xfinity Mobile Phones

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Can I purchase an unlocked phone from Amazon or Best Buy and use it with this carrier?

I am looking at the Moto G Power 5G and it is cheaper on Amazon and Best Buy then direct with Xfinity Mobile.

Thanks

Reactions: winmod21

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Can I purchase an unlocked phone from Amazon or Best Buy and use it with this carrier?

I am looking at the Moto G Power 5G and it is cheaper on Amazon and Best Buy then direct with Xfinity Mobile.

Thanks
I don't see why not. So long as they are compatible with Xfinity's network.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For well-established manufacturers like Motorola, it's probably not a problem. But Verizon (which is what Xfinity Mobile uses) is notorious for requiring fairly strict certification criteria for the phones used on its network (which means more obscure brands or off-brands may not be allowed).

Here's their compatibility checker: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks
Did it work ?=) I hope so.

We just purchased an A54 5G on amaz, for our 95yr old Mother, who's visually impaired, and who feels like she "no longer has a phone" =(( . . .(after receiving a free Pixel 7 from Xfinity), due to the incoming & numberpad screens & buttons being too small for her to see &c, on the Pixel 7.
The amaz price—for the A54—was $120 less than the price on the Xfi website, and at BestBuy.

But it doesn't arrive til tonite, so I probably won't be switching the SIM card til tomorrow.
And according to the BestBuy floor salesman . . .that's all we should have to do! 🤞
I hope so. 🤞

Reactions: J Dubbs

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I ended up just purchasing from Xfinity Mobile directly to ensure I don't have any issues.
Let us know how it worked out for you.
Thanks
It worked out great !=))
We were originally sent a free Pixel 7, from Xfi Mobile, for our Mother, which she couldn't see, due to the Pixel's small/shrunken (i.e. less than full-screen) incoming & numberpad screens. And after explaining that to Xfi, they agreed to let us return it even though we were a week past the 14-day return window period.

So @ BestBuy we bought an [unlocked] A54 5G — that was on sale for $50 off reg price, after the BB mobile device salesman told us that all we should have to do is move the SIM card from the Pixel -to- the A54, and Voila! . . . it should work immediately!

But then, last week, my wife noticed that Amaz had the [unlocked] A54 on sale for $120— off the reg price, so we ordered another [unlocked] A54 5G (in 'Awesome Violet') for our Mother, and it did work immediately w/ all systems go ....upon switching the SIM. No need to call Xfi for anything. =))

And btw, even though it was a Pixel -to- Samsung data transfer . . . the close proximity Wifi transfer worked flawlessly, transferring everything to the A54 without a hitch of any kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe