XO Skin is now dry, perfect fit.

hoosier84

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my XO installed last night. Had to work out a few bubbles this morning but it does look fine now. It is a little grippier than I would prefer. Not as slide friendly as the dry applied screen protector I had on my Droid X. That was the Verizon three-pack version.

Fits very nice, doesn't leave hardly anything exposed on front. Not as much of an orange peel look as I've had on other devices with a wet applied protector. I just don't like how grippy it is. I will give it a shot for a few weeks as I prefer to go without a case and put the phone in my pockets when outside the home/office.

On a side note I really like how the phone feels with the Verizon extended battery. Highly recommend that purchase.

wrl

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Got my XO installed last night. Had to work out a few bubbles this morning but it does look fine now. It is a little grippier than I would prefer. Not as slide friendly as the dry applied screen protector I had on my Droid X. That was the Verizon three-pack version.

Fits very nice, doesn't leave hardly anything exposed on front. Not as much of an orange peel look as I've had on other devices with a wet applied protector. I just don't like how grippy it is. I will give it a shot for a few weeks as I prefer to go without a case and put the phone in my pockets when outside the home/office.

On a side note I really like how the phone feels with the Verizon extended battery. Highly recommend that purchase.

My XO Skin's 'grippiness' calmed down after a couple of days. I've been pleasantly surprised to find that I can barely feel the difference anymore. I was very careful with the install, scrutinizing every detail and was fortunate to lay it down perfectly with no anomalies. However, my wife wasn't so lucky and landed a couple specks of dust and a tiny piece of lint--I ordered a new one for hers. :-\

pulpdogs04

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I got mine in the mail yesterday and installed right away. I was practically shaking when I applied it haha. I got done and had the usual air bubbles but even though I had read a million timea I still didn't believe that they would all disappear ( this being my first wet apply screen protector). Lo and behold this morning I wake up and all the bubbles are gone!

On one disappointing note. I somehow managed to SCRATCH the protector during installation. It had to of been during the squeegeeing part but I wet it down like the instructions said so I'm left SMH. The scratch is only like a sixteenth of a inch tho and can only be seen in a reflection. Not when the screen is on. Oh well.

Screen feels a bit tacky still but expecting that too clear up in the next few days. Overall very impressed with XO skins and the Android Central community for not steering me wrong!

Happy holidays!

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I got mine in the mail yesterday and installed right away. I was practically shaking when I applied it haha. I got done and had the usual air bubbles but even though I had read a million timea I still didn't believe that they would all disappear ( this being my first wet apply screen protector). Lo and behold this morning I wake up and all the bubbles are gone!

On one disappointing note. I somehow managed to SCRATCH the protector during installation. It had to of been during the squeegeeing part but I wet it down like the instructions said so I'm left SMH. The scratch is only like a sixteenth of a inch tho and can only be seen in a reflection. Not when the screen is on. Oh well.

Screen feels a bit tacky still but expecting that too clear up in the next few days. Overall very impressed with XO skins and the Android Central community for not steering me wrong!

Happy holidays!

That scratch you put on during the install might come out over the next few days - mine did. What I did was squirt more of that install liquid and buff it with a large microfiber cloth. Came right out. It does take a few days, four on mine, to fully "cure", and the day after the initial install was when I buffed out the scratch. Wetting the microfiber often, I buffed it until the screen got warm and kept it warm for about 10 minutes with the power off and the battery out. The instructions say you can use a blow drier, but I think the buffing friction is more precise to get the same heating effect. The scratch from the install card is totally gone, and the XOskin is invisible and is no longer "grippy" after 6 days.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am about 18 hours into my XO skin and there are still quite a few bubbles. Maybe I didn't sqeegee enough when I installed it. Will give it some more time for the bubbles to work out. Question is should I take a pin and try to puncture the bubbles or send it back and get a free replacement and squeege out the bubbles more from the beginning? Won't do anything until I give it a few days.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I am about 18 hours into my XO skin and there are still quite a few bubbles. Maybe I didn't sqeegee enough when I installed it. Will give it some more time for the bubbles to work out. Question is should I take a pin and try to puncture the bubbles or send it back and get a free replacement and squeege out the bubbles more from the beginning? Won't do anything until I give it a few days.

No NO NO! Don't poke them! Put some more liquid on it and buff it with a microfibre cloth, the bubbles on mine were completely gone in three days, cloudiness in four. This is normal, I think the bubbles are actually absorbed into the skin by a chemical process that takes warmth and a few days to cure.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine as well. I'm currently using a skinomi techskin for my rezound I'm returning tomorrow and I love it, so I'm not new to wet application. I waited weeks for my techskin to arrive and I'm not going through that again, so xo it is! Also, thanks for the coupon code, still works!

ccmbr002

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This thread convinced me to buy an XO skin. I'm extremely happy with it; I don't think I'll ever go back to a dry install skin after this. I'm super uptight about getting screen protectors on perfectly (I replaced like 5 screen protectors on my Droid X for bubbles that could only be seen in the light lol) and I thought I royally screwed up the install on this one. Some of the bubbles that I had left over were huge and there were white spots where it looked like the plastic had gotten slightly pinched. As many others have mentioned, everything worked itself out after about 48 hours and I can barely even tell the screen protector is on in the light. It is a bit grippier than the glass alone which is kind of annoying but I'm getting used to it.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This thread convinced me to buy an XO skin. I'm extremely happy with it; I don't think I'll ever go back to a dry install skin after this. I'm super uptight about getting screen protectors on perfectly (I replaced like 5 screen protectors on my Droid X for bubbles that could only be seen in the light lol) and I thought I royally screwed up the install on this one. Some of the bubbles that I had left over were huge and there were white spots where it looked like the plastic had gotten slightly pinched. As many others have mentioned, everything worked itself out after about 48 hours and I can barely even tell the screen protector is on in the light. It is a bit grippier than the glass alone which is kind of annoying but I'm getting used to it.

Yeah, its weird how the bubbles and cloudiness come up the 2nd day, but are absorbed by the 3rd or 4th. The "grippiness" goes away too after about a week. Totally transparent, really hard to see that there is a screen protector on it from any angle. Scraped mine across the "hook" part of the velcro on my jacket yesterday and put some big scratches on it. Squirt squirt some of the fluid that came with the Xoskin, buff with the microfibre - all gone! Perfect again, and I thought I had ruined it.

Last edited:

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
so i got a xo skin and applied it. I waited a little over a day and put on my silicon cover. Sadly it pushed up the edges on the screen protector and caused some bubbles on the edges. I can kind of buff them out with my finger but it keeps hitting the edges and causing more problems. I just sent them an email asking for suggestions.

I hope they are a good company and get back to me about providing a replacement or alternative.

stanfills

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
so i got a xo skin and applied it. I waited a little over a day and put on my silicon cover. Sadly it pushed up the edges on the screen protector and caused some bubbles on the edges. I can kind of buff them out with my finger but it keeps hitting the edges and causing more problems. I just sent them an email asking for suggestions.

I hope they are a good company and get back to me about providing a replacement or alternative.

I assume you did what I did and ordered one without realizing they had one for using with a case that is different.

Before mine arrived I realized my mistake and contacted them for an exchange.

This is what you need.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Screen Protector Case Fit [Samsung Galaxy Nexus Screen Protector Case Fit] - $13.46 : Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
As I posted earlier, my beginning with the XO skin yielded a lot of bubbles in the beginning, but with patience, they have all disappeared except one very small one near the top of the phone. It is just above where the screen is and doesn't impair the actual screen. The rest of the screen looks good. If you hold the phone at an angle, you can see some waves where I worked out some of the bubbles. These waves are only visible at certain angles. The smoothness or slipperyness of the screen saver is ok but it certainly isn't as slick as the plain glass.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
As I posted earlier, my beginning with the XO skin yielded a lot of bubbles in the beginning, but with patience, they have all disappeared except one very small one near the top of the phone. It is just above where the screen is and doesn't impair the actual screen. The rest of the screen looks good. If you hold the phone at an angle, you can see some waves where I worked out some of the bubbles. These waves are only visible at certain angles. The smoothness or slipperyness of the screen saver is ok but it certainly isn't as slick as the plain glass.

That is a bummer it did not work out better, perhaps the screen was not completely clean of skin oil or dust when you started?

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine as well. I'm currently using a skinomi techskin for my rezound I'm returning tomorrow and I love it, so I'm not new to wet application. I waited weeks for my techskin to arrive and I'm not going through that again, so xo it is! Also, thanks for the coupon code, still works!
Can you compare the skinomi to the XO when you get it? I know the skinomi was on the Rezound, but still if you could give a general comparison that would be helpful since you have or will have had both by the time you compare them.

Thanks!

wheezy

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, its weird how the bubbles and cloudiness come up the 2nd day, but are absorbed by the 3rd or 4th. The "grippiness" goes away too after about a week. Totally transparent, really hard to see that there is a screen protector on it from any angle. Scraped mine across the "hook" part of the velcro on my jacket yesterday and put some big scratches on it. Squirt squirt some of the fluid that came with the Xoskin, buff with the microfibre - all gone! Perfect again, and I thought I had ruined it.

I have tried acrylic (hard plastic) ones before and they never heal. XO's are like a friggen gummy bear. My kid cam up to me yesterday morning, look daddy! She had my phone in her mouth biting the screen. Her teeth left a few marks. Work up today and they are gone. Incredible stuff

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Put mine on a couple of days ago and I am absolutely loving it very clear and has a good feel to it. The one thing i have noticed is that it does leave fingerprints fairly easily.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you compare the skinomi to the XO when you get it? I know the skinomi was on the Rezound, but still if you could give a general comparison that would be helpful since you have or will have had both by the time you compare them.

Thanks!

I feel like they are pretty similar. Personally, I liked the Skinomi better, I feel like it installed easier and cured quicker. It's about day 3 with this xo and it's almost perfect, just 2 bubbles left. The feeling of the protector is identical, although I hope this one loses some grippiness in the next few days. All in all, either purchase is fantastic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So I've been on the fence about these protectors (this and Ghost Armor, conveniently next in the post list). I have a Zagg Shield on my Dinc and iPod (classic, not touch!). I went to mess around with my Dinc for my fiancee (she's a big scrabble/word game fan), and I forgot how weird it was using a very...sticky...screen. Can anyone honestly compare each of the 3 "big" wet protectors--Zagg, GA, XO--and tell me (us) which have the best feeling?

Right now--and if I said this 3 days ago, i'd be insane--I'm thinking about going protectorless. But we'll see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam