Xperia 1 III - assigning SIM to contacts.

Dingle232

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
I am considering buying an Xperia 1 III Dual SIM. Is there a way where you can specify (and store) which SIM should be assigned to each contact so that the phone uses whichever one you specify when ringing a particular contact?

Thanks.

Dingle232

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi. I have an S21 Ultra at the moment, Dual SIM, and it does have this function. I'm really keen to try the Sony but this feature is a deal breaker.

On the Samsung, if I go into Contacts, select a contact, then hit info there's an option to stipulate which SIM should be used for that particular contact. That way I can separate my business contacts from personal and use the right number for each.

Any users of the Xperia 1 III that can check and confirm whether the Sony has the feature please?

Thank you.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have an S21 Ultra at the moment, Dual SIM, and it does have this function. I'm really keen to try the Sony but this feature is a deal breaker.

On the Samsung, if I go into Contacts, select a contact, then hit info there's an option to stipulate which SIM should be used for that particular contact. That way I can separate my business contacts from personal and use the right number for each.

Any users of the Xperia 1 III that can check and confirm whether the Sony has the feature please?

Thank you.
I can do this on my Sony. In the contact settings there is an option to chose calling sim.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-100449~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-100449~2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9

Dingle232

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
Thank you very much. Can I just make sure that the menu is available for each individual contact on the phone? Is that an Xperia 1 III?

Really appreciate your help.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much. Can I just make sure that the menu is available for each individual contact on the phone? Is that an Xperia 1 III?

Really appreciate your help.
The menu is a available for each individual contact. Xperia 1 III. XQ-BC52.

Dingle232

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
This is very interesting - Sony themselves confirmed that this feature is NOT available on the 1 III - can any other users confirm?

darrinaltman

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
on my 1iii i don’t have that option. i only have 1 sim card so that might be the reason. also, i have the usa north american version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK