Your favorite S4 case?

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using the NEO Hybrid. Unfortunately, this case really only protects the back and bezel from scratches and might withstand a drop from 2.5'. Also, the gap for the charging cable is too small to fit anything but the stock charging cable. Needless to say, mine cracked and is currently being held on with packing tape. Not the most beautiful looking device.

I am looking for something with more "drop protection" that does not add too much bulk.

What do you suggest?

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using the Neo Hybrid for my Samsung S4 as well and so far I had no problems with it. I do take it off every night because I do have a Samsung Galaxy S4 spare charging system. I have had this case for 2 months and so far I really like it. It looks pretty good on my Blue Arctic Samsung Galaxy S4 that I purchased last Thursday at Best Buy (Released on 11/14).

I've read that the plastic around the USB port area breaks easily, but this was before their updated model. The newer models of the NEO Hydrid have a reinforced plastic around the USB port area.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-neo-hybrid-infinity-white-case-review-5.html

On page 5, someone posted a photo of the two.

Last edited:

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I like the OEM Samsung Protective+ Cover. It's not too bulky but still makes the phone feel comfortable in the hand if that makes sense. I am using the Case-Mate glitter case…the $40 one not the $20 one and I really like it as well….but I'm a girl and I like girly things lol.

benass49

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind shelling out some cash, check out the Lifeproof Fre which finally hit the market in the last few weeks. Wasn't sure how I was going to like it but so far I've had absolutely no problems or complaints. Very solid and, surprisingly, doesn't add as much bulk as one would think. I have average, if not slightly smallish hands, and I can still use my phone one-handed with relative ease.

Posted via Android Central App

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Otter box commuter. I work construction and beat my phone. I like the poly carbonate over rubber so it's easy to put in my back pocket. Had my s2 in one for two years and not a scratch. Still had the Qualcomm sticker on it.. it keeps the dirt out of the ports and jacks, and feels like it's part of the phone. Nice and rounded. Raised buttons. And nobody can say otter isn't quality.

Posted via Android Central App

mark426#AC

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Tried several...Spigen, Mophie, Incase....finally decided the OEM Samsung works best for me. Also works flawlessly with my EZO desktop charger.

Mark

p.s. Agree that the Otterbox is the way to go if you need maximum drop proofing...ugly as hell though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen