Z Play on sale at Verizon

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Was just looking and it's showing $5 a month on payment plan.

Verizon's is a bill credit deal.

It'll be $17/month on the DPP agreement. You'll get a $12/month credit on your Verizon bill for 24 months. If you pay it off early, you lose the bill credit.

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
how is it a better deal? If you don't have the Verizon payment plan the line access is $40 instead of $20.

the Verizon one is $5 a month, plus I traded in my old phone, seems like the same deal?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
how is it a better deal? If you don't have the Verizon payment plan the line access is $40 instead of $20.

the Verizon one is $5 a month, plus I traded in my old phone, seems like the same deal?

This is a DPP, not a service contract.

For example, I'm on the new Unlimited Plan. My line access fee remains $20 either way - it doesn't matter if I get the phone at $5/mo with bill credit through Verizon or $5.99/mo through Best Buy.

Verizon deal isn't good if you don't plan on keeping the phone for 24 months. For example, if you want to get a new phone via DPP pricing in six months, here's how the math works:

With Verizon's $5/mo with bill credit, after six months, $306 would be due in (as in the DPP would need to be paid off) before you could start another DPP plan with that line.

With Best Buy's $5.99/mo, after six months, $107.82 would be due before you could start another DPP plan with that line.

Verizon's deal is better if you plan on sticking around for 24 months and you don't think you'll need to buy a new phone on DPP on that line. You'll save $23.76 over the Best Buy deal.

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So the best buy deal is not a Verizon contract? I assume that's how they get the low finance cost. If not good deal then!

I'm not on unlimited, so I'm assuming they'd raise the plan to $40.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So the best buy deal is not a Verizon contract? I assume that's how they get the low finance cost. If not good deal then!

I'm not on unlimited, so I'm assuming they'd raise the plan to $40.
The Verizon deal isn't a Verizon service contract either.

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So on the Best Buy deal if you pay off the DPP after a month is there any penalty? Do you have to keep a data plan on the line for a certain amount of time like on the subsidized plans?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So on the Best Buy deal if you pay off the DPP after a month is there any penalty? Do you have to keep a data plan on the line for a certain amount of time like on the subsidized plans?

With the Best Buy deal, there is no penalty to paying off the phone early.

Are you planning on using an existing line that's not a smartphone line for this?

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a Z Play from Best Buy couple weeks ago on the 5.99 deal. I did it on a line that has a data plan. That is just my first time getting a phone on a DPP and I was just curious. I plan on paying it off within the first month and when I got it I didn't think about weather there would be any penalty for paying it off early.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
That's the beauty of the Best Buy deal. you can pay it off at anytime with no penalty. Everything goes through Verizon for payments or payoff. I've now purchased three phones this way and paid them off right away.

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the deal was only for adding a new line. It wouldn't let me upgrade an existing with the verizon deal. I wouldn't be able to keep my #.

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
It was not for new lines only.

hmm, this is the promo on the verizon site right now. Can't seem to find it without.

New line of service & $408 device payment purchase required. Less $288 bill credit applied to account over 24 mos; begins w/in 1-2 cycles & ends when balance is paid or line transferred/ terminated; 0% APR.

Now only $5/mo. No trade-in required.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
hmm, this is the promo on the verizon site right now. Can't seem to find it without.

New line of service & $408 device payment purchase required. Less $288 bill credit applied to account over 24 mos; begins w/in 1-2 cycles & ends when balance is paid or line transferred/ terminated; 0% APR.

Now only $5/mo. No trade-in required.

Disregard. I was incorrectly referring to the better Best Buy deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86