zoom in and out by double tap and hold

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just use the accessibility shortcut (the little man icon) for magnification, it works much better for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I'm not sure if it's browser-dependent, now that I think about it. I just tested on Chrome on my Pixel 6 Pro, and the double-tap and then hold/drag to zoom does work -- but as long as the site isn't specifically a mobile site. For example, if I bring up Facebook, then tap Menu>Request Desktop Site, I can use that gesture to zoom in and out. But many mobile sites are designed to fit the phone screen, so I think the zoom capability is disabled (even when using the pinch gesture).

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Actually, I'm not sure if it's browser-dependent, now that I think about it. I just tested on Chrome on my Pixel 6 Pro, and the double-tap and then hold/drag to zoom does work -- but as long as the site isn't specifically a mobile site. For example, if I bring up Facebook, then tap Menu>Request Desktop Site, I can use that gesture to zoom in and out. But many mobile sites are designed to fit the phone screen, so I think the zoom capability is disabled (even when using the pinch gesture).

right. i got it to work once or twice, but couldn't remember which app, browser, or... i just feel using this feature is a bit challenging, especially it only works under certain conditions.

thanks for your input just the same.