Seidio charging vault

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just received an e-mail from Seidio about their new product: https://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BD2-PBPT22

Looks like a great accessory for a ThunderBolt instead of having to get an extended battery. Are their any competing products to this? I'd like to compare before purchasing, but this looks to be just what I need (extra juice, easily usable by other family members, and uses my existing phone shell and holster).

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there are quite a few competitors in all different sizes. That one is expensive for what you get. It will only charge an empty phone once (lots of wasted mAhs with these kinds of chargers) and I would typically like to have much more reserve for laptops and other cell phones.

For example, the i.Sound Portable Power Max 8,000 mAh model is available on Amazon for $50. The model that has twice the capacity (16,000 mAh) is $75.

Thanks, Robrecht

Last edited:

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I found an Energizer unit in the same power range at Tuesday Morning stores for $19.95. Only issue is it uses a Mini USB to charge instead of micro, but I have two older Blackberry chargers that will handle it. For the price of the Seidio, I'd look at the I.Sound or the New Trent 11,000 mAh unit.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there are quite a few competitors in all different sizes. That one is expensive for what you get. It will only charge an empty phone once (lots of wasted mAhs with these kinds of chargers) and I would typically like to have much more reserve for laptops and other cell phones.

For example, the i.Sound Portable Power Max 8,000 mAh model is available on Amazon for $50. The model that has twice the capacity (16,000 mAh) is $75.

Thanks, Robrecht

^^ this. Also Verizon has one that is like $35 with a 20% discount.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non