Rezound battery fits the ThunderBolt for $19.99

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the Rezound battery for my TB on Sunday. Had 42% charge out of the box. Used it until it was down around 10% or so then took it out and put it in an external charger over night. Put it in yesterday morning and, for the first time ever, was able to use my TB all day without charging it at all.

I was at home most of the day where I have solid 4G coverage, and I had WiFi turned on (connected to my AP at home) all day, too.

I also have a Seidio extended battery, which easily lasts all day with plenty of juice to spare. But, I don't like the extra bulk in my pocket. Rezound battery for $20 FTW!!!

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
HTC is not going to tell us it's OK to use this battery, even if is completely safe. They will want to cover their back sides just to be prudent and avert any warranty problems.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That's only to clear themselves of a liability... If it's the same Voltage and size, those are the major factors. Just because it's a different color doesn't mean it won't work. How do you think Sedio makes and sells batteries for every phone under the sun?

Also, there's STILL a discussion about this ACCESSORY in the ACCESSORIES forum, if anyone would care to check it out... -_-

http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...33133-1620mah-battery-rezound-works-well.html

Does anyone know if this is a TRUE 1620mah battery? Or is it 1305mah like the Sedieo "1600" battery?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It lasts significantly longer than the stock HTC Thunderbolt battery. How much more info do you REALLY need?

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased mine, taught the CSR in the store a trick, still on sale at 19.99......buddy has had it for 3 days now, and has ZERO complaints......charging now and will calibrate and erase Battery Stats and go from there......THANK GOD !!!!!

RezoundBattery.jpg

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I might be getting slightly better performance but nothing dramatic. Heavy use sill doesn't make it to the end of the workday.

Thanks, Robrecht

I am beginning to think that my stock battery was a dud. The difference between the stock and this battery, is night and day for me.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried to order 2 and they came up $29.99 each. I changed the quantity to 1 and it came up $19.99. I did log into my account but for whatever reason it didn't apply my 25% corporate discount. To order 2 I had to do 2 separate transactions which is no big deal.

Bill

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Purchased one this morning for $19.99
It said $39.99 on their site, but changed to $19.99 during the checkout process.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

gutsploder

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Mines on its way.... Ordered from corporate store, out of stock but on its way on two business days. Quoted me 39$ but as soon as she pulled it up as 4g device, 19.99. Schweeeet

wolf howl

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried to order 2 and they came up $29.99 each. I changed the quantity to 1 and it came up $19.99. I did log into my account but for whatever reason it didn't apply my 25% corporate discount. To order 2 I had to do 2 separate transactions which is no big deal.

Bill

Mine was the same way. I think it's an either/or situation between the 50% off and the corporate discount you normally get. When I was signed into my account it showed 29.99 because of my corporate discount but as soon as I signed out I was able to order it for 19.99.

MarkJC1018

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine was the same way. I think it's an either/or situation between the 50% off and the corporate discount you normally get. When I was signed into my account it showed 29.99 because of my corporate discount but as soon as I signed out I was able to order it for 19.99.

Do you have the link to purchase this? I can't seem to locate it. Thanks!

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Update: 3hrs up and running and have only lost 7%....... This battery is what the phone should have shipped with!!!

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

Adam Z

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This may have been mentioned before and if so, then sorry, but I ordered an OEM Tbolt standard battery on Monday also for half price from the VZW site. It started as $39.99, but the $19.99 price kicked in as I checked out. There was also free two day shipping.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This may have been mentioned before and if so, then sorry, but I ordered an OEM Tbolt standard battery on Monday also for half price from the VZW site. It started as $39.99, but the $19.99 price kicked in as I checked out. There was also free two day shipping.

You should return it and get the Rezound battery. Will give you a little more battery life for the same price.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It isn't recommended to use that battery on the thunderbolt. It may fit but it isn't made for it. If you ruin the tb it is an issue you wont have a leg to stand on. Using a battery not recommended for your phone voids out any warranty you have. Not worth it

For what it is worth to anyone who really cares about their phone. I called HTC and talked with a tech.
Her name is Hannah and if you don't believe me call them yourself.

(I sold wireless for a long time and I would never recommend my customers buying or using an accessory that wasn't compatible for their phone.)

It is NOT recommended to use the Rezound battery in the Thunderbolt.

So, do what you want, but just as I had stated before, even HTC does not recommend it.

Also, if the phone is ruined from using the wrong battery, a tech can usually figure it out if they really know how to do their job.

You wouldn't use a battery in your car that wasn't the right size and voltage......so why would you on your phone? It is a mini computer........and expensive. Treat it right !

Call HTC if you don't believe me.

Seriously? You actually called HTC on this?

I also don't think it is right for a Verizon rep to sell a battery just to get a sale.........shame on them!
Do your job right.........sell what is compatible for the phone the customer has.

My two cents and am sticking to it.

I know people want a slimmer battery with more juice and I can't blame them. But I also do believe that you should only use batteries that are specific to the device you own. But people will do what they want and I hope it turns out ok. I don't think HTC says not to just to keep you getting the Thunderbolt batteries.
I think they are sincere when they suggest to not use another model's battery.
I tend to only use what is recommended for the phone.
It is up to the individual. I was just passing along the information and I do believe them. There will always be someone who disagrees.

With all due respect, you made your opinion known the first post. Please don't beat us over the head with it. :(