Case for extended battery

chubbrock

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I searched on bay, google, and different forums but didn't find anything. Are there any cases/skins for the phone that fit with the OEM extended battery? I bought a case thinking I wasn't going to buy the extended battery, but ended up buying it so now I need a different case. Any suggestions, links, anything? Thanks!

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I bought a Body Glove case with belt clip, but that will only fit the regular battery. I would like a similar case that would fit the extended larger battery.HELP!!

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ordered an Extended battery, so I'll need a case that will fit too.

Will the Seidio Spring-Clip Holster work with the Extended Battery?

It looks like the screen side faces in, and the battery side hangs out the back, without anything touching the battery compartment area.

A friend at work has an Evo with an extended battery, and it looked like he was using a similar holster for his phone. I'll ask him Monday.

chubbrock

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't get why HTC didn't make one for day one of the release. They don't even have the multimedia dock for sale yet. This is really bad on HTC's end, with the delay and all too. I mean come on, you wan't people to build brand loyalty and you treat people that are new to your brand like this????

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't get why HTC didn't make one for day one of the release. They don't even have the multimedia dock for sale yet. This is really bad on HTC's end, with the delay and all too. I mean come on, you wan't people to build brand loyalty and you treat people that are new to your brand like this????

True. I jumped ship from Motorola but I'm steadily regretting my decision more each day.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a plastic case from the VZW store on Friday. It fits the phone with the slim, stock battery. The phone slides into a case which then slides into the holster. If you put the extended battery on the phone, the phone will still fit securely into the holster, just not the case that slides into the holster. This allows me to wear my phone with the extended battery.

MerkUranus

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Awesome!

I was looking for you people forever! I, too, have found the same skin/clip that you guys have and I love it, but I also plan on getting the extended battery. Hopefully, someone will provide an answer soon cause I don't wanna go back to a P.O.S pouch that rips after only a few months...

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
OK so THIS looks promising. I know it's not for the Thunderbolt but it is for the EVO 4G and hopefully you won't have to wait much longer to get one for the mighty Thunderbolt.

EDIT: I realized how bad my spelling was.

Last edited:
Reactions: lapeter

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It looks to be a good idea, but its for Seidio's 3500mAh battery which is even bigger. I got an email back from HTC about a case & why they are not even showing their own accessories in their store. Here is what they replied to me with.

Dear Raptor007,

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support. I understand how important it is to have the correct accessories for your device and I would be glad to assist you.

At this time, I do not have any information regarding when accessories for the HTC Thunderbolt will be available on the Shop America website. I can suggest checking out these websites for some available accessories for your device. www.htcdepot.com, Cell Phone Accessories - DayDeal.com and BoxWave Accessories - iPad accessories, iPad cases, iPhone, Kindle, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More. Please keep checking HTC Online Store (US) - Free Cell Phones & Cell Phone Service for information regarding accessories for the HTC Thunderbolt that may be released in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please reply back if you have any questions regarding this Email, and do not hesitate to contact HTC in the future.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11USCWxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,
Stephanie
HTC

So they have no clue about their own products or accessories, they refer you to sites that have nothing remotely what we need or want and its a typical HTC blow off reply.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
OK so THIS looks promising. I know it's not for the Thunderbolt but it is for the EVO 4G and hopefully you won't have to wait much longer to get one for the mighty Thunderbolt.

That Rugged case is the same case that my co-worker has for his Evo.
The case fits the EVO Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery.

Innocell is going to produce a "Super Extended Life Battery" (link) for the Thunderbolt, according to seidioonline.com.
If 3500 is what Innocell calls Extended, then how big is Super Extended?
Guess people better start lifting weights now to condition your arm to handle this behemoth.
A Rugged Seidio case for the ThunderBolt should probably also come out with the new "Super Extended" battery.

Last edited:

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the Seidio Spring-Clip Holster for Non-Cased HTC Thunderbolt will work with the 2750mAh extended battery from the pictures, so I ordered the holster earlier.

I'll let you guys know if the phone fits in the holster with the Extended Battery present.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Could use a tpu case from Ebay and exacto knife to cut out the back to let extended battery slide thru, guys did over in xda for the Evo! Combine with Seidio holtster and might be a decent combination. This is what I plan on doing temporarily tiil something better comes along.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That Rugged case is the same case that my co-worker has for his Evo.
The case fits the EVO Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery.

Innocell is going to produce a "Super Extended Life Battery" (link) for the Thunderbolt, according to seidioonline.com.
If 3500 is what Innocell calls Extended, then how big is Super Extended?
Guess people better start lifting weights now to condition your arm to handle this behemoth.
A Rugged Seidio case for the ThunderBolt should probably also come out with the new "Super Extended" battery.

The mAh for the larger extended battery does vary by device. We should know soon what the mAh is for the ThunderBolt soon.

We made our Extended Rugged for the EVO 4G due to demand; if there is a lot of demand for the Extended Rugged for the ThunderBolt, we will produce one. We will definitely have a Rugged case for the ThunderBolt and it will be available soon.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
The mAh for the larger extended battery does vary by device. We should know soon what the mAh is for the ThunderBolt soon.

We made our Extended Rugged for the EVO 4G due to demand; if there is a lot of demand for the Extended Rugged for the ThunderBolt, we will produce one. We will definitely have a Rugged case for the ThunderBolt and it will be available soon.

Sir is there any chance that Seidio will produce a 1700 or 1750 battery that is the same size as the stock 1400 battery for the Tbolt?

And yes I know this is a Case forum but I had to ask 80)

MerkUranus

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to finally see products out there for the extended batteries but I was hoping that it would be a hard case and not a silicone case. I already fitted a case/holster for my phone with a cut out for my battery so I guess that'll work for now. If I knew that this case would still fit in my holster then I'll definitely be getting one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress