Case compatibility

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I haven't seen the specs on the S23U yet, but does anyone know if the dimensions are the same as the S22U? I've been seeing ad's for new cases that include the magsafe option for the S23U and from the back it looks the same as the S22U. I was thinking of buying, but don't want to get a case that won't fit and then have the hassle of returning it

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
From what I've seen there is enough difference between the s²² Ultra to the s²³ Ultra for some cases not to be interchangeable.

I would play safe and buy one specifically for the s²³ phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I’ve never heard of a case for one phone fitting another, though we’ve had many people ask. Sometimes, even the right cases don’t fit properly.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I’ve never heard of a case for one phone fitting another, though we’ve had many people ask. Sometimes, even the right cases don’t fit properly.
Right, this trick is strictly from the "apple instruction manual how to make mimminal changes to increase sales chapter 3 paragraph 2".

Everyone says the body of the S23U is the same but the buttons were moved a little and camera was moved a little. Samsung claims they they care about the earth and use recycled material. So if they really cared they could have left the 2 phones the same so people could "recycle" their case, but that don't create sales. My guess the less curved screen probably would have been a issue also.

Samsung did leave something the same once I know if, that was the tab 8. You could use most tab 7 cases on the tab 8. I'm sure the designing department was fired for that mistake.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Right, this trick is strictly from the "apple instruction manual how to make mimminal changes to increase sales chapter 3 paragraph 2".

Everyone says the body of the S23U is the same but the buttons were moved a little and camera was moved a little. Samsung claims they they care about the earth and use recycled material. So if they really cared they could have left the 2 phones the same so people could "recycle" their case, but that don't create sales. My guess the less curved screen probably would have been a issue also.

Samsung did leave something the same once I know if, that was the tab 8. You could use most tab 7 cases on the tab 8. I'm sure the designing department was fired for that mistake.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

I agree. That environmental stuff is just greenwashing. They don't care about the environment beyond the marketing opportunities it affords them.

And I'd guess the Tab S8 thing just shows how few first party cases they sell... costs more to alter the tooling than they'd make back in sales.

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen there is enough difference between the s²² Ultra to the s²³ Ultra for some cases not to be interchangeable.

I would play safe and buy one specifically for the s²³ phone.

yes, i finally found the specs and see how minute they are that a 23 case won't fit a 22. i don't plan on upgrading just yet

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
There are MagSafe cases for the S22U as well.

yes, i have a few for my s22 that are always on the phone since i use magsafe chargers at home and in my truck. just happened to see some nicer rugged cases advertised for the s23 that now include magsafe that they didn't make for the s22 when the case was first released

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali