Best accessories? (case, screen protectors)

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend the Ultra Fine version. I got mine through Amazon.com with Free Shipping(!).
That's the anti-glare matte type, yes? Glare's a much bigger issue on this screen than my Fascinate, so I'd definitely appreciate that. Even indoors, it can be a problem.

Have you been able to to compare it w/ the crystal clear?

JManangan

Jan 28, 2011
www.johnmanangan.com
I have used the Ultra Crystal SGP Steinheil's on my previous iPhone 4. They did not impede screen clarity at ALL... The protector is noticeably thicker than most on the market (good thing imho to protect from dents).

I had it on the front and back of my old phone, and just now put it on the TB. I love the smoothness and lack of fingerprint residue on the screen now. Either will be good, but I did hear that the Anti-glare can sometimes decrease screen clarity transmission. I'm sure its not much. Either way, your bi-winning!

Enjoy.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning towards the Ultra Fine just for the AG/AF aspect. This phone picks up uber glare.

Also, VZW's protectors blow.

jammy26

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Although I haven't used these personally, there's another thread where the SGP protectors have been discussed and people swear by it. Check that out too.

launchpad

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the ultrafine version and it made a big difference with fingerprints and glare. The matte finish barely reduces screen clarity and it does give a slight grip on you're finger when scrolling, but it's not bad. I thought the bare screen was a bit too sensitive to start with. Overall I am very happy with this.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the ultrafine version and it made a big difference with fingerprints and glare. The matte finish barely reduces screen clarity and it does give a slight grip on you're finger when scrolling, but it's not bad. I thought the bare screen was a bit too sensitive to start with. Overall I am very happy with this.

You talked me into it especially since I agree w/you that the screen is a bit to sensitive sometimes for me, too. Ordered and thanks :)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

My Ultra Fine got here in today's mail and what a GREAT difference! NO MORE FINGERPRINTS! LOVE THAT! No more cleaning my phone a couple times a day to remove the fingerprints :) I also like the matt finish vs the clear/shiny of the screen without it. I had originally tried the ones you buy at VZW and messed that all up - they suck in my opinion, waste of my money.

The one thing I don't like about the SGP is that it doesn't cover the ENTIRE screen side to side and top to bottom :( There is a very small gap between the screen protector and the edges of the screen :( With my case on the side to side is fine but the top to bottom still shows this gap and looks like it attracts dust down there :(

Also be VERY careful to NOT touch the back (sticky) side. When I realized I'd done this (before I stuck it on) I thought *maybe* after it got it on that this wouldn't show but it does :( The screen protector is on perfectly except for the very corner by my search button where this partial fingerprint shows. At the cost of these things I'm just going to have to live with it.

I turned my phone completely off to apply the screen protector and strongly suggest doing this. I then cleaned my screen by spraying a tiny bit of my eyeglass cleaner onto my eyeglass cleaner cloth then wiped the phone screen until it was totally free of any lint or fingerprints and let it dry completely which is a matter of less than a minute. I would also suggest doing this on a flat surface that has no cloth under the phone. I started out placing my phone on a kitchen towel on top of my smooth top stove to help keep it from slipping around and quickly got rid of the towel cuz of lint potential and then went to doing this directly on top of my smooth top stove.