Thunderbolt extended battery case

Cyberwatt

May 12, 2011
Visit site
An interesting update: I received several emails from several different reps at Otterbox. Some said to wait and see if they would come out with a case for the extended battery. Others said they had no plans to release one at all. The only thing agreed upon was that such a case had been requested.

So, make of it what you will. In the meantime, I've ordered the Seidio Innocell battery and an Innocase with holster. Hopefully that will do, at least until something better comes along.

bigdonpaul

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I got a cheap rubber case from Amazon for $4 with shipping. I am probably going to cut a hole in the back for the extended battery. Anyone have luck with this?

areyow

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I got a cheap rubber case from Amazon for $4 with shipping. I am probably going to cut a hole in the back for the extended battery. Anyone have luck with this?

that is exactly what I did. it fits, but I may recommend using nailclippers to fine-tune the cut-job, as it won't hold its form too well to try to make the edges "smooth" or anything. using a nailclipper you can be precise and have the edges not look like your dog went to town on it.

bliedel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the letstalk HTC Rubberized case with extended battery support and am very satisfied. It is a hard shell case with a soft touch exterior. So far I am very very happy with this new case. Now to get a holster for it...

Reactions: lapeter

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Well it looks like Seidio has finally priced their extended battery cases. The one with the belt clip and port covers is at $49.95. I accept that price if you guys think these are great cases (other than the covering of the speaker which is no problem to me).

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
they are showing back order.

Well it looks like Seidio has finally priced their extended battery cases. The one with the belt clip and port covers is at $49.95. I accept that price if you guys think these are great cases (other than the covering of the speaker which is no problem to me).

KMV77#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone recieved one of the seidio extended battery cases? If so how do you like it? I'm currently using my body glove case in which I hacked out the back to accomodate the extended battery cover. Cany anyone make a slim case for the extended battery???

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I received the seidio active extended case today and so far I love it... It has only been a few hours. It does add a little more thickness then the surface but I love that the whole thing is covered.

If I was to really nitpick, would be that I wish you could still use the stock kickstand. There is a cheap feeling plastic one built into the case but it does work fine.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I received the seidio active extended case today and so far I love it... It has only been a few hours. It does add a little more thickness then the surface but I love that the whole thing is covered.

If I was to really nitpick, would be that I wish you could still use the stock kickstand. There is a cheap feeling plastic one built into the case but it does work fine.

Hello,

We are glad that you liked our case! The reason why we chose to build our own is because we want to preserve the optimum viewing angle for your ThunderBolt. Building the kickstand into the case ensure that the additional thickness will not affect how you watch contents. Covering up the kickstand also maximize the protection for your device.

Regards,

Reactions: lapeter

Rick-o

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
See additional detailed info on the Seidio & Otterbox cases in the "Seidio Extended Battery Rugged for Thunderbolt" thread in this forum.

Rick-o

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is now selling one of the high gloss TPU cases with extended battery support. I got mine yesterday.

I really like the looks of the case. Do they have a holster for it? This sort of hard skin would be good for people who keep their TB w/extended battery in a pocket.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the standard battery case by Verizon(as shown above) and it is nice, but...........If you need a tough case for protection and shock I would go with the SEIDIO Extended Case,100 times tougher then the Verizon case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc