Various problems since GB 3.0, RC4.9 and MR2

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if my problems are related to my recent install of GB 3.0 with 4.9, or something else. I also upgraded to MR2.

1) I know I have seen problems with the voicemail not indicating until after rebooting. Inconvenient, but wondering if it's been fixed. If so, where is the fix?

2) My forward facing camera is no longer working. Seems to have happened right after installing GB. There is an icon to the center right with a camera with arrows on both sides. If I select that key, the screen returns to the previous application open on the phone. I thought the MENU key used to give me an option for front or rear, but that option is no longer present. This makes WeRewards all the more difficult to grab my photo (and money). Plus, no Skype.

3) Get a message upon rebooting the phone:
HTC DM(in process com.htc.android.omadm.service) is not responding.

Of course, I get the option to Force Close or Wait. What does this process control? And is this normal with this release.

4) Lastly, I was checking out the phone software information, and was totally confused on what's what.

Android Version 2.3.4 (if I understand correctly, that's Gingerbread)
HTC Sence version 2.1 (CONFUSED...shouldn't this say 3.0?)
Software Version 2.01.605.0
PRI Version 1.41_002
PRL Version 15011
ERI Version 5

Although I thought everything loaded properly when moving over to GB 3.0, but now I'm not sure. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

sscinokc

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would really recommend trying a different sense 3.0 rom as I've found bamf 3 rc4.9 extremely buggy. Maybe try one of their earlier versions, I've heard they are more stable.

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you wipe before installing?

Yes, I wiped 3x.

I may just need to revert to an earlier version...but I do really like everything else about it. LOVE the carousel.

But I am still very curious if I am truly on 3.0 Sense, since my phone software indicates 2.1. That really throws me.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
BAMF 1.8.6 is my ROM of choice - it is very solid. If you still want some sense 3.0 elements you should try BAMF 2.1.

groupdelay

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if my problems are related to my recent install of GB 3.0 with 4.9, or something else. I also upgraded to MR2.

1) I know I have seen problems with the voicemail not indicating until after rebooting. Inconvenient, but wondering if it's been fixed. If so, where is the fix?

2) My forward facing camera is no longer working. Seems to have happened right after installing GB. There is an icon to the center right with a camera with arrows on both sides. If I select that key, the screen returns to the previous application open on the phone. I thought the MENU key used to give me an option for front or rear, but that option is no longer present. This makes WeRewards all the more difficult to grab my photo (and money). Plus, no Skype.

3) Get a message upon rebooting the phone:
HTC DM(in process com.htc.android.omadm.service) is not responding.

Of course, I get the option to Force Close or Wait. What does this process control? And is this normal with this release.

4) Lastly, I was checking out the phone software information, and was totally confused on what's what.

Android Version 2.3.4 (if I understand correctly, that's Gingerbread)
HTC Sence version 2.1 (CONFUSED...shouldn't this say 3.0?)
Software Version 2.01.605.0
PRI Version 1.41_002
PRL Version 15011
ERI Version 5

Although I thought everything loaded properly when moving over to GB 3.0, but now I'm not sure. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

sscinokc
I hear you on the Voice Mail indicator not always working properly. Mine was working when I first loaded BAMF 3.0 RC4...but then it just stop working a few days later...now I never get an indication that new voice mails are present. My FFC camera works, but it's upside down(as received by person on other end) in some applications, such as Tango.
Otherwise everything works for me ok. I get a group of Non Responsive process and FC's that happen about once a day, that requires a reboot of the phone to get it back to a happy state again.

kwyjibohunter

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

For the voicemail problem, I downloaded YouMail, which is a free visual voicemail app and it works beautifully.

As for the front-facing camera, it works fine for me, just tested it.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Reactions: sscinokc

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting news about the FFC. That's my main problem, but it works fine on others. I tried reloading, but had the same results. Looks like I'll back up and if I can get it working on a different rom. Thanks for everyone's input.

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Voice mail is a known problem of the GB. Take a look at the BAMF forum. You have to use youmail or similar app. My camera works fine, both front and rear.

Sent from a BAMFed TBolt

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
As far as your force close issues, try running fix permissions from the toolbox. I had another issue with getting nandroids not working, I had to downgrade my version of CWM/Rom manager to fix that...

Wicked123

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having many issues as we speak, it does have minor bugs such as sms timeing is off
Just download sms time fix and all should be good.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My problems are the following. Running MR2:

No voicemail indicator

Videos are not playing from various websites like ESPN, MLB . Com, but play on YouTube.

Random compete shutdowns, not many, but happen. Can not turn on initially. Must pull the battery for power button to work.

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm just restarting from scratch. FFC is completely broken. Ended up un-rooting back to stock (FFC still not working), and will receive from Verizon a new (refurbished) phone tomorrow. Then back to the drawing board to ROOT, and install the ROMS. I can say, as a newbie at all this ROM/Radio stuff...I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Thanks for everyone's help, and verification that the FFC should work on the ROM. Confirmed when I tried other Roms and even stock unrooted.

fyi...once I unrooted and went back to stock...the FFC selection continues to use the Rear camera, but just changes from 8M Resolution to 1M resolution. Very odd! You can hear a click like it's trying to open the FFC eye, then reverts to the rear.

Thanks again!!!