[ROM] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 [10-04-11]

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I did that but you have to drag the stupid icon into the stupid ring to launch the program. Hopefully HTC realizes that part of the lockscreen sucks

unlocking the phone (via swiping an icon into the ring) to open one of those specific apps requires that action b/c it's less likely to be an accidental occurrence. otherwise, anytime the power button gets hit & something touches the phone screen, your phone would run that app & you could potentially "butt dial", text, or be taking lots of pictures of the inside of your pocket without knowing it.

i like this feature. though i can understand arguments against it--i think it's a necessary precaution to prevent doing things accidentally.

the Ramen Noodle

Jan 12, 2011
noodle.mx
I'm currently using Das BAMF Forever 1.07 and gave Gingeritis a try. I couldn't compare it well enough against Das BAMF Forever. But one thing that is a large frustration is the lack of apps auto-installing from the Android Market.

I don't have the paid version of Titanium Backup, so it would be a huge hassle for me to reinstall all of my apps. So I'll have to stick with Das BAMF Forever for now.

However, I would really like to see some real-world comparisons between Das BAMF and Gingeritis.

mikewelch5

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am going to flash this tomorrow. I've been running like beta V for a while, been too lazy to update haha. What radios are people using and having the better luck with?

bosch00

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed last night, came from bamf ginger remix. Wow! What a difference! Battery use to last 6-7 hours with moderate use. So far I'm on hour 7 with 50% left! Unheard of with any of the other roms I've tried. Everything also seems to be a little more responsive, gonna keep playing with it,but so far very very happy with Gingeritis! Running the latest gingerbread radio, great 4g service. Gps lock is speedy just like ginger remix. The only annoying thing is that I had to redownload all my apps, kinda stinks that it didn't auto download like with all of the bamf roms, but I guess you can back it up and restore. Other then that, A+, for the speed, battery life and stability, go get it!

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
HAS ANYONE HAD THE "END CALL" BUG WHEN GETTING A PHONE CALL?? THIS WAS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME WITH ALL PREVIOUS GINGERITIS ROMS.. thanks

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
HAS ANYONE HAD THE "END CALL" BUG WHEN GETTING A PHONE CALL?? THIS WAS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME WITH ALL PREVIOUS GINGERITIS ROMS.. thanks

What exactly is the end call bug? I have the latest beta and sometimes I can't press end call when finishing, but I've been hitting the power button off/on (to turn the screen off/on) and then I can press end call.. is that the same thing?

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is the end call bug? I have the latest beta and sometimes I can't press end call when finishing, but I've been hitting the power button off/on (to turn the screen off/on) and then I can press end call.. is that the same thing?

No. The end call bug is when you get an incoming call and you can't answer it. The only option that shows up is end call.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It happened 3 times today. It never happened to me on the previous version. Is there a patch?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

JohnyLunchmeat

May 1, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon and NFL mobile are working.

I installed 10-11 for the first time and the following CDMA trick worked like a charm.

Got the info here:

Gingeritis 3D v1.01 - Downloads - theMikMik

In Wireless & networks / Radio Info, Chnage Network to CDMA only (Not the PRL one)
2. Open MyVerizon and login to your account
3. Download NFL Mobile from the android market)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Once installed can I view it on 4g lte?

If I reinstall apps from titanium that I paid for will they know they're already paid up? For that matter when I download paid titanium from market will titanium know its already paid for?

The end call bug is in every rom with sense 3 lock screen right?

Last edited:

JohnyLunchmeat

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Once installed can I view it on 4g lte?

If I reinstall apps from titanium that I paid for will they know they're already paid up? For that matter when I download paid titanium from market will titanium know its already paid for?

The end call bug is in every rom with sense 3 lock screen right?

Yes, just switch back from CDMA once you have the apps.

Almost all of my apps were showing as installed (in the market) but there were a few that didn't. I just remembered what apps I had and once I installed them them and logged in it was back to normal. Just remember to download the license key if needed for paid apps.

I haven't had any issues with the end call bug that was reported. I'm on the latest release and never had the previous releases.

Sent via tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
anyone having issues with their phone just deciding to reboot, and reboot, and reboot, without every stopping unless you pull the battery?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
anyone having issues with their phone just deciding to reboot, and reboot, and reboot, without every stopping unless you pull the battery?

I'd say if there was a problem like that everybody would know... you might want to flash your ROM again... or switch to a different ROM.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

*raises hand*

Yup, happened twice. Battery pull to bring it back to sanity.

Full built in wipe plus I manually wiped everything including \system.

Only restored game and some app data. So it was like a new phone cept for having stuff on the SD card.

- Ziggy kernel
- Enable Swap
- 1457/245 smarta$$ settings

Mik Mik has no clue,

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere else if you bump up minimum CPU to say 384 or something like that from the 245 that it may solve the problem, but I don't have any type of CPU conttrols on my phone.

Mine seems to do it when it pics up my wifi signal outside in my driveway when the signal is super weak and phone is connected to Bluetooth with the radio in the truck. Then it reboots and reboots. Not sure about u witels. Ever work in bernardsville?

T-Bolt using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon999
Just curious, I Flashed to this ROM and LOVE it. Question, where is the WIDGETS that have the GPS on/off, WiFi on/off etc?.
There are none. Thats what the pull down is for.

I lied.... long press for widgets. Then scroll down to setting. Select settings and there they are.