Restart With Unresponsive Screen?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
On a couple of occasions my Tbolt with bamf forever 1.0.7 has developed an unresponsive screen. It starts up again after a battery pull but I hate to pull the battery when the phone isn't really turned off.

Is there a way to actually shut off or restart the phone when the screen is unresponsive to any touch? It used to get like this occasionally while charging at near 100% but in this case the phone is not charging so I don't know the cause.

In any even holding the power button down doesn't seem to do anything but bring up the touch screen with all the choices I can't choose since the screen is unresponsive to touch.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
This might be what they call the death sleep. Go to your Bamf settings and bump your Min CPU to 368. I had this problem and it worked for me. HTH

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but I did that the day I set up. I thought the death sleep was screen off? Any sence in turning it up further or nack down?

Since I'm getting no answers should I assume there is NO way to shut off a tbolt w unresponsive screen? (Other than battery pull)?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks! That was the type of tip I was looking for. I didn't know that you COULD push vol up and vol down simultaneously. I thought it was like a teeter-totter...when one side goes down the other goes up.

The next step will be to figure out how to prevent it if it recurs but the key is a way out once jammed. Power off might be better (to let it cool off) but maybe screen will respond after reboot. Next time it happens I'll try your suggestion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall