Keep stock kernel in Bamf forever 1.0.9 or install Imoseyon lean?

MhzMonster

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Not that I'm having any issues with the stock bamf kernel, but would like the best performance with equal or better battery life. I would hate to give up stability or battery life. But have read that the lean profile setting undervolts while overclocking it to 1.4 Which is supposed to do exactly what I am after... increased performance and better battery life. Would like to hear from someone who made the switch and what are your thoughts on it. Or since they've released the stock GB kernel source code, is there something better right around the corner? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Last edited:

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Keep stock kernel in Bamf forever 1.0.9 or install Imoseyon l

Imoseyons latest version is based off the source, and Adrynalyne just released his kernel. So try both, and see what works best for you. I haven't tested either one just yet, but you should also calibrate your battery when switching to a different kernel.

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Definitely install a kernel; now that source is out your basically getting the stock kernel with some awesome optimizations; there's no reason NOT to install one. I'm on imo's 5.0 now but I tried Adr's as well and they're both awesome.

Sent via Tapatalk on my BAMFed out TBolt

MhzMonster

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site

I just thought why not, might as well give it a shot and did a backup and installed IMO's latest 5.0 Kernel. Going to wipe battery stats tonight and cycle it a few times to see how it does. Thanks.

MhzMonster

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site

So far so good. First battery cycle with the new OC'd Imo kernel was 1d 7hrs 17mins using the Seidio 1600mAh slim battery.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I haven't felt the need to change from stock on this ROM. Everything has been running great for me.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Ziggy's runs nice too. Haven't installed Adr's yet to try. Ziggy's flys though.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Im using imoseyon lean and for me it gives a little better battery life OC to 1.4, havent tried any others yet.

MhzMonster

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site

On WiFi, no?

Yes, I do not get very good cell signal at my house so I use WiFi when at home. I was home most of the day yesterday but did go out twice for a few hours. Today will be another good test as I'll be at work which I get poor signal through a repeater and no WiFi, with normal texting, emails, etc. So far, I'm impressed with the kernel's improvement on performance and battery life.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I do not get very good cell signal at my house so I use WiFi when at home. I was home most of the day yesterday but did go out twice for a few hours. Today will be another good test as I'll be at work which I get poor signal through a repeater and no WiFi, with normal texting, emails, etc. So far, I'm impressed with the kernel's improvement on performance and battery life.

Sweet. Keep us updated.

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I installed Imo's 5.0.1 kernel on my Tbolt which is running BAMF Forever 1.0.7. Using CPU Master to Underclock to 368 and Overlock to 1408MHz.

Everything is running very smoothly. FFC is fine. Text messaging is fine.

MhzMonster

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Second cycle was a little less (as expected) since I was at work which is through a signal repeater that drops frequently. And had a random reboot which as you can see by the huge drop in battery percentage. Still impressed with the battery life considering that its so much faster and smoother than stock. I seen there is a slight update in imo's kernel to 5.0.1. Would I have to recalibrate if I updated to this or is it just for roms?

a6f96353-07bb-82a2.jpg

a6f96353-07d8-0418.jpg

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Second cycle was a little less (as expected) since I was at work which is through a signal repeater that drops frequently. And had a random reboot which as you can see by the huge drop in battery percentage. Still impressed with the battery life considering that its so much faster and smoother than stock. I seen there is a slight update in imo's kernel to 5.0.1. Would I have to recalibrate if I updated to this or is it just for roms?

Why does a reboot cause such a big drop in the battery?

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Why does a reboot cause such a big drop in the battery?

It shouldnt once the battery is properly calibrated. Nice thread over at bamf about the proper bump charging method. It's a 3 day process.

Dumped imo's. Was acting wonky with the default terminal options.

Last edited:

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

that's on a 1600MAh battery? I'm lucky to get 18 hours on my extended battery, but I constantly use my phone throughout the day and spend it on 4G. What type of usage do you have normally?