Offering Root Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey UpStreamMiami,

would it be ok to try and root Sunday? I can work my day's schedule to sync with your free and helpful time.

thanks.

happybutter

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah upstreammiami. i got it to run 2.3 but exactly what you said. i'm having issues. my wifi keeps saying error. everytim i restart my phone, it'll allow me to "turn on wifi" but then it'll go into straight "error." Also, i cannot make any phone calls either. i can receive only as well as texting. I'm suspecting it has to do with installing the gapps? i tried to install it through the sd card, but it's not letting me, plus it all leads back to me not having wifi to register into google.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah upstreammiami. i got it to run 2.3 but exactly what you said. i'm having issues. my wifi keeps saying error. everytim i restart my phone, it'll allow me to "turn on wifi" but then it'll go into straight "error." Also, i cannot make any phone calls either. i can receive only as well as texting. I'm suspecting it has to do with installing the gapps? i tried to install it through the sd card, but it's not letting me, plus it all leads back to me not having wifi to register into google.

try another rom,

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If the thunderbolt doesn't get an official ICS update I will take the OP up on his post when they have bug free working builds of it.

irocroe

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is this: Upstreammami is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He talked me through putting a new ROM on my phone. Very patient and very helpful. Answered all my questions and even laughed a bit. Thank you. I do hope that we can be friends!!!! You are great!!!: :):):):):):) :cool:
You made my day!!!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
TO anyone who hasn't found the time to root and would like to do so with guided assistance.. contact UPSTREAMMIAMI !! :-D

He just took the time to help me gain root, guided me through Rom Manager & Titanium Backup, and helped me load a custom Rom too (Bamf Cubed 1.0.8 & 1.0.9).

But it's not only that, you are dealing with a very cool guy who has lots of patience who is ready for any question, as well as takes the time to explain when,what,where,why & how you do it .

i can't thank him enough.

Thanks again!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Although I haven't personally taken advantage of upstreammiami's offer, I just wanted to say thanks for what is obviously a very sincere and highly appreciated service. Great to see this on this board.

-Frank

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I took upstreamiami up on his offer to remotely root my thunderbolt.

I just sat there and watched, and followed his instructions. It couldn't have been any easier. I have been out of touch with this stuff since I got rid of my oh droid.

I highly recommend it if you've been holding out rooting. Bye bye bloat.

Thanks upstreamiami. Donation on its way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

happybutter

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
winflasher said i have an error everytime i try to flash a new system. the boot would work, but i keep getting an error for the system part. i can't even flash back the old 2.2 rom =(

happybutter

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
its openetna winflasher. i used that to originally flashed the 2.3 onto my 2.2 froyo. iono how to rest it to factory even though i pressted the home+volume down+camera button =( so complicated...=( any ideas? i can't run any new roms onto it because everytime i try to flash a new system using winflasher i get an error report

Status
Not open for further replies.