Let me help you root [Root Man]

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
first off please forgive my ignorance.

i went through steps to go back to 10 and want to install the most basic/simplest ROM there is. i cant figure out the next step.

i am coming from a galazy nexus which i love but its showing its age now. all i need is to be able to tether on the lg g3 with my unlimited data.

my brain hurts really bad but i finally got all the pieces of the puzzle and have it on a custom ROM.

peace out

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

russnash

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Could use some help vs985 12B

Posted via the Android Central App

I've recently switched to the Illusion ROM on my LG G3 VS985, also came from 12B. These are the steps I followed:

http://lgg3root.com/lg-g3-root/how-to-unrootunbrick-lg-g3/

Once back on the 10 firmware I used stump root, the installed flashify to install TWRP custom recovery and finally TWRP to install the custom ROM and gapps.

Hope this gives you some direction.

Posted via the Android Central App

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
There is no root for Lollipop.... Easiest way to achieve root is downgrading to kit kat with the LG flash tool, StumpRoot, Flash TWRP. Done.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just an update rootman, I was able to go back to 10B_03 with "tot" and root with "stump root".

I was also able to update back to 4.4.2 (VS98512B) without loosing root, so I'm happy as a bug in a rug.

Thanks for the offer!

Rebekah Adams

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello root man i have a ALCATEL A564C 4.4.2 Kit Kat i love this phone but it has to much bloitware and not enough memory is this phone rootable if not is there a way to have apps downloaded onto the sd card without rooting it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
is there a way to have apps downloaded onto the sd card
Not without a ROM written to mount the SD card as primary storage (CM7 did that). Android is designed to download to primary storage - which is internal in stock ROMs but can be the SD card in custom ROMs. (You lose your internal storage, though.) Since just about every custom ROM is rooted, whether or not the stock ROM is rootable is a moot point.

Hihiby456

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
HEY i need to root an Alcatel onetouch icon pop 3???
the model number is a564c
if u can help it would be appreiciated i just need the name of the software and/or the software itself thx i can be contact via call or text at 509-435-5543