CyanogenMod question for TBolt

breathemetal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a working and stable CyanogenMod for the Tbolt yet?
Something that I can use daily and not worry about anything being broken or unusable?

scannerman

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been running the Betas since july and even they were more stable than the HTC releases with sense that caused 3+ reboots a day.

I've been running the RC since it was released in October and have been extremely happy. The latest radio still has occasional dropouts but when the 4G has gone down i've always reverted to 3G and not 1x like most people.

It's so good that while i'm tempted to upgrade to the nexus i don't see a huge reason too.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
how's GPS location on Thundershed? downloading now.

is it the same w/ all the other CM7's where you have to flash a sense ROM, run navigation, then flash back to Thundershed?

that's the one thing that really bugs me about CM7's. love the ROMs but hate the horrible accuracy of the GPS--i'm surprised how often i actually do use GPS and i've never gotten good lock-on's with any AOSP compared to Sense ROMs.

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site

is it the same w/ all the other CM7's where you have to flash a sense ROM, run navigation, then flash back to Thundershed?

that's the one thing that really bugs me about CM7's. love the ROMs but hate the horrible accuracy of the GPS--i'm surprised how often i actually do use GPS and i've never gotten good lock-on's with any AOSP compared to Sense ROMs.

Another +1 for Thundershed 1.4. I actually use GPS often on my Thunderbolt and haven't had a problem with it locking on with Thundershed. I have always been a Sense guy, but after using Thundershed, can't imagine going back anytime soon. It's smooth as silk.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I have not done the flash sense and lock on and then flash CM7 with shed and have good location, I just doubled checked, and it found me within 5 seconds...and I was a state away looking at things where I grew up in maps..

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a problem with GPS with AOSP ROM's. I'm running liquid smooth right now and absolutely no problems with GPS. no other real issues except My Verizon and NFL mobile don't work, but that's no biggie for me.

thundershed doesn't work for me phone for some reason, constant reboots. every other rom works tho.

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I installed Thundershed 1.4 last night. It sucks and is loaded with bugs. I'm going back to unofficial 7.2 That has been out for ages and is still the best ROM.

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed Thundershed 1.4 last night. It sucks and is loaded with bugs. I'm going back to unofficial 7.2 That has been out for ages and is still the best ROM.

How exactly is Thundershed 1.4 loaded with bugs? I have been using it for a couple weeks without noticing anything. Due share for the rest of us.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

not to insinuate anything, but when I first flashed TS I had major problems, I was a new user TWRP 2.0 Recovery, and was not wiping correctly, and that gave me major issues, do you think that could be the case? Or something similar?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
installed Thundershed--it was nice but battery drain was too drastic compared to my previous ROM (which was surprising given it was an AOSP vs a Sense ROM).

nice ROM, even working GPS, but not for me.

hopefully the CM9 is legit info.

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
How exactly is Thundershed 1.4 loaded with bugs? I have been using it for a couple weeks without noticing anything. Due share for the rest of us.

Saw two issues in about a half hour: tinyshark buttons don't work so I couldn't play music. In contacts when I have someone's address I selected view home address and it didn't do anything. Other than that, I didn't find anything better about the ROM compared to unofficial CM7.2 so I uninstalled.

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
not to insinuate anything, but when I first flashed TS I had major problems, I was a new user TWRP 2.0 Recovery, and was not wiping correctly, and that gave me major issues, do you think that could be the case? Or something similar?

I wiped data, cache and dalvik cache 3 times each before installing so it shouldn't have been a problem.

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wiped data, cache and dalvik cache 3 times each before installing so it shouldn't have been a problem.

Since there are literally hundreds of people using this ROM with no problems, it might be smart to refrain from blaming the developer.

One thing u might try is flashing the newest cwr using ROM manager. Sometimes it reports latest version when its really not on latest version. I would also suggest checking the option to erase recovery before flashing new one.

Also, you might want to format/system in cwr as well as wipe, cache, dalvik.

Make sure u r on one of the latest radios.

Good luck,
MG.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thundershed it great! I get excellent battery life and with an overclock to 1.2ghz I got my phone a little higher than the gnex in quadrant! I'm loving it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol