Un-rooting Improved Battery Life

CreativTech

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So, about 4 months ago, I got tired of certain apps not being available for my phone (primarily a decent screenshot app) and decided to root my phone. I used the all-in-one tool, which was absolutely slick and completely easy. I stuck with the stock ROM, and aside from offloading a couple of bloatware apps, I kept things pretty much as before. Then about 60 days ago, my battery life started getting terrible. I mean, downright abysmal. 4-5 hours tops before it was toast. And the device itself felt like it was running "warm" all the time. I also started to experience frequent data connection drops.

I tried the usual tricks: reboot, battery pull, battery and SIM card pull, but it still was terrible. I bought the Seido slim extended battery and eked another hour or two at most. Last Friday, I used the all-in-one to un-root and return to "true" VZW stock. And just like that, bam! Battery life is now double -- maybe even triple -- what it was just a week ago. I'm running all the same apps as before, and I'm in the same location as before, not using WiFi any more than normal.

What the heck???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty