So does rooting erase data?

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
In the stick it says it doesn't. On the root tutorial it says it does. So does it or doesn't it? I'm new to rooting. I've jailbroken ipods but thats different. Is there any difference between the one touch root and the other one? Anyone got a link to the one touch root?

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
In the stick it says it doesn't. On the root tutorial it says it does. So does it or doesn't it? I'm new to rooting. I've jailbroken ipods but thats different. Is there any difference between the one touch root and the other one? Anyone got a link to the one touch root?

The root does erase data as the tut says. I do not believe there is a one touch root, yet. It is being worked on. The difference is that one touch does a lot of the adb automatically for you.

Dfresh

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Rooting general don't erase your data. Its just this method that erases your data because you are flashing roms to achieve root access.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Think of it this way... the one click root cracks your hardware the way it is with all the data in tact. This method does not yet exist for the current software. They can, however, achieve permanant root on the old software. So the process involves putting the old version of the software on your phone (This is where you loose all your data) and gaining root, then flashing the new software with the hardware already cracked.