VirusROM

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I was just going to post this ROM but I see its already here. Virus does some amazing work, I've been running his ROMs on my EVO for a while and this looks to be just as good. I can't try it though since I don't have a TB.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
steps are not included so i'll guess i'll rename zip to update.zip and move to SD card to apply.

Last edited:

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i've been spoiled by rom manager's convenance, i haven't installed a rom from the recovery in almost a year now!

i alway wipe data/cache when switching to a different dev's roms, and would suggest others do as well.

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
it's real good. it's not an overclocked ROM, but i can't see the need for one with this phone.

i really like the minimalist look to the launcher, kinda surprised to still see some bloatware on the phone, HTC Sense widgets and such.

first boot was slow, but i expected that to be the case. make sure to wipe your data/cache!

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
there is also an option to update the ROM on your SD card inside the ROM Manager program.

This ROM is a good start, it's design is slightly overkill in some areas. for instance, make sure you use a different text messaging app because the default one has black text on black background. that's true minimalism...

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
there is also an option to update the ROM on your SD card inside the ROM Manager program.

This ROM is a good start, it's design is slightly overkill in some areas. for instance, make sure you use a different text messaging app because the default one has black text on black background. that's true minimalism...

He posted a fix for that in the thread. He was fixing pretty much everything anyone mentioned today in the other forum.

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
^^^ thanks for update.

after playing around with this new and exciting ROM, i've noticed a couple things i feel are worth pointing out. i realize it's still in beta, btw.

battery life is affected, not in a good way. not sure as to why, but it drains much quicker. for instance, my phone was fully charged when leaving for work this morning: GPS, wifi, bluetooth were all off and no running programs, but still managed to drain down to 92% within the twenty minute drive. browsing around in the twitter app, i was watching the battery drain at an alarming rate of about 1% every two minutes.

secondly, since getting this Thunderbolt i have been running network speed tests almost religiously. i am a network engineer and had a large involvement in building the backbone for VzW's 4G network, so i take much pride in the speed test results. i'm not sure if this rom changed anything with the antenna, but my reception is down significantly.

yes, i know that the antenna bar icon is not a direct representation of the actual signal strength, but it is worth mentioning that my speeds are now averaging at about 6-7 Mbs down and 5 Mbs up. great speeds, no doubt, but when compared to the average i was getting earlier (16-22 Mbs down and 20 Mbs up) it's not good.

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
thought i'd add that the speed tests i'm running are

speakeasy.net (browser based)
speed test (speedtest.net app)
xtremelabs speedtest (xtremelabs app)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
To reiterate the point of booting into recovery manually. Holding the volume rocker down while powering up will do the trick. Just incase there are others that aren't sure

TBolt meatclaws via talkatap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress