CM7 vs Gingerbread Update

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC Thunderbolt may may get update to Gingerbread sometime in Q2 but not that but slew of performance tweaks and subtle feature improvements. I wonder issues you may run into if CM7 was available and download before hand since HTC sounds like they are bundling HTC Performance Updates and Gingerbread all in one?

I am a growing fan of rooting plus having custom roms so you can see reason for the concern. I love the job CM has done with their roms and can't wait for CM7 come out for Thunderbolt.

I am hesitate to wait after official being update to 2.3 but question what issuses would arise when getting CM7?

Last edited:

Dave0373

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Whenever Verizon pushes out 2.3 it might be harder to gain root. Odds are we will see CM7 way before Verizon releases anything. I'm already rooted waiting for CM7 to drop.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Whenever Verizon pushes out 2.3 it might be harder to gain root. Odds are we will see CM7 way before Verizon releases anything. I'm already rooted waiting for CM7 to drop.

Harder, but definitely not impossible. Also keep in mind that AOSP Gingerbread and Sense Gingerbread will be two different beasts. CM7 is offered up off of AOSP.

Reactions: bunique4life05

Spaniard85

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Harder, but definitely not impossible. Also keep in mind that AOSP Gingerbread and Sense Gingerbread will be two different beasts. CM7 is offered up off of AOSP.

Indeed, but I loved CM7 on my OG Droid and Fascinate (the parts of kaoscinate v5 that actually worked anyways.). I'd give up all of Sense right now for CM7. After checking out some videos of the "official" Sense'd Gingerbread on the Desire HD, I'm a little disappointed by the subtle things that were left out, i.e. "screen off" animations, etc.

Motorola's 2.3 based ROM looks nice too. Purdy screen rotation animations.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I have had a G1 stock and like the vanilla version of android; unfortunately, grown custom to sense. I guess I will have to way my options. I want CM7 for speed, theme and as well the ability to under or over clock the processor.