To Root or Not to Root

jaytua

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...noob here. So far im loving the hell out of my Thunderbolt. I use to have the first gen of BlackBerry Storm which was a piece of crapo! Anyway..so I just wanted to know whats the big deal of rooting? What are your opinions?

rohanlady4

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Wondering also

I'm debating as well. I have read the complicated instructions. I get distracted easily with loads of kids and critters and just my luck I'll be at a crucial stage, someone will start talking to me and boom - I've ruined a $200+ phone. But the Blockbuster and VZW apps drive me nuts, especially if I plug my phone into my work computer to charge and Verizon pops up on the browser! I'm an intermediate computer geek - I set up the home network, and keep up with firewalls and antivirus and find fixes to the other problems that pop up from time to time.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Samsung Fascinate so that I could install the leaked updates. As of now, I am happy with stock Thunderbolt. Earlier, I thought of rooting and installing cyanogenmod but I have decided to stay with stock sense for now... Btw is htcsense.com supporting Thunderbolt yet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If I did I would only be doing it for a couple reasons:

1. Get titanium backup going to have a full backup and freeze bloatware.

2. Get a screenshot app back.

I wouldnt even be installing a rom so.... Not sure that's worth no ota's and a possible meid ban/throttling the way the news is going with the foreseeable future of carriers/manufacturers and rooting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk