Can ROMS include "Wireless Tether" on future updates?

keving75

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded BAMF 1.5 last night and somehow I lost my WIFI tethering app, and now it is gone from the marketplace. I just wanted to know if this app could be included in the future ROM releases.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It is quite possible but its mainly up to the developer to include them into an updated version of their specific rom. If WiFi tether isn't available,why not give barnacle a shot? That works s well. Same app but different :p

geterdone11

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i have wireless tether installed.. but i cant move it to my memory card.. is there anyway i can get it and save it on my cpu.. so when i flash a new ROM i can put it back on. im running Lotus right now its great.. im new to android and i want to try out some new ROMs

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded BAMF 1.5 last night and somehow I lost my WIFI tethering app, and now it is gone from the marketplace. I just wanted to know if this app could be included in the future ROM releases.

great call. I loved that app and just installed Bamf 1.6. Dissapointed it's gone. Where can I download the Wireless tether apk?? If if I do a restore with ROM manager will it back on my phone??? Rookie question I know...

hunterxkovach

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
great call. I loved that app and just installed Bamf 1.6. Dissapointed it's gone. Where can I download the Wireless tether apk?? If if I do a restore with ROM manager will it back on my phone??? Rookie question I know...

The app should be there if you do a restore of your old rom. Just Google wireless tether apk and Google should have it up online. If not PM me I have the file stored away

keving75

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I found this on Google. I had no idea i could find apps like that.

So, how do I load this now?
Just install from zip like a ROM? Do I need to wipe data, cache etc...?

Does it matter which version I load?

meballard

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As long as you are rooted and have Unknown Sources checked (you probably do if rooted), just google wireless tether, go to Downloads on the code.google.com result, and choose a version. 2.0.7 is the most common (that is the version currently in the market) as it is the latest stable release (and works fine on the Thunderbolt).

Finally after choosing the version, click on the link to download the apk. You should see Starting Download... on the screen. Press home, drop down the the notifications area, and you should see it finish downloading or download complete. Click on that, follow the process to install it.

It's the same as installing any other app that is an apk package.