Samsung Unlocked Note 10+ with ATT firmware/SIM, question on OTA updates.

darrycowl

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I have a question about OTA updates:
The Phone is Samsung unlocked Note 10+ with May update ATT firmware (N975USQS3CDT7).
I did not flash userdata (and did not perform factory reset).

I have lots of questions about the OTA:

- Is userdata required to get the June update (and future) OTA or do I have a chance to receive the OTA in the next days/weeks?
- Does ATT check the IMEI and only push to ATT HW-ones?
- Is it possible that AT&T has not rolled out (fully) the June update yet
- Can Smart Switch help with my configuration/settings
- Should I do a factory reset (currently all the carrier features are ok -- except the OTA i could not verified ... and network connections seems a bit unstable)

Last question is about battery life:
- I know it depends on users' behavior but just to get an idea what kind of battery life should I expect with optimized settings and mostly internet/youtube?
I am getting I think around 7 hours but looks like I am losing 5-6% during the night and it seems fairly high

Many Questions here! :) Thanks in advance for your help, really appreciate the forum and all the resources and helpful participants!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome!
First you don't have the Samsung unlocked version you have Att carrier version which maybe is sim unlocked if you done so.

2. I've heard another member not using user data on Att and didn't factory reset . I would say to play safe use user data so it don't surprise you one day and factory reset.

3. Some people have issue with Att variants not updating and might have to flash every time a new update is available .

4. Smart switch on computer can check for software updates and use as a back up tool. But nothing to configure.

5. Would need to see battery stats usage, from 100 % untill 20% to see anything unusual.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Additionally, you can use the System Updates section in Settings>Check for Updates prompt to check for the updates if one doesn't get pushed out to the device.

darrycowl

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Thanks to both of you! Very quick responses!
1. I purchased at BBUY unlocked...I would think it is equivalent to Samsung unlocked or US unlocked version.
2. Ok, got it! I will try to do this. Are you aware of some users on ATT still waiting for the OTA?
3. This would be annoying. I don't really want to flash every time..but got to do what you have to do...
4. Does smart switch push to ATT phones also (I read different reports on this. some users saying there is att smart switch, other saying smart switch works fine) (also if it works does it work for both locked and unlocked)?
5. Ok, I will take a look. Device is kind of newish....still trying to play with settings

6. for the check for updates, anyway to bypass the one check every 24hours restriction?

Thanks Again!!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am not having it next to me currently so no screenshots but:

baseband is N975USQS3CTD7
Service Provider sw version: ATT/ATT/XAA
Ok N975U that Carrier version, the N975U1 is unlocked from Samsung, going by what you shown ATT/ATT/XAA is unlocked version but flashed to Carrier firmware

darrycowl

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Yes! i flashed ATT carrier without userdata and did not factory reset.
I am planning to do a factory reset after backing up data tonight. Hoping this will not make me lose any att features and I will be able to get OTA...
Or do you think I should wait one week or so to see if I get the June OTA?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes! i flashed ATT carrier without userdata and did not factory reset.
I am planning to do a factory reset after backing up data tonight. Hoping this will not make me lose any att features and I will be able to get OTA...
Or do you think I should wait one week or so to see if I get the June OTA?
I would wait few more days if not then flash it