Gingerbread leak / HTC extended battery problem?

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
while trying out the leaked version of 2.3.4, and had to roll back because it was taking around 12+ hours to charge the extended battery. hoping it's not a battery issue instead of the rom. Just wondering if anyone else was having issues, or any ideas. thanks

boythatkills

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The roms or kernels are having some charging problems however it is not effecting everyone. I was having a painfully slow time charging my phone earlier (talking 3% in 40 minutes on the wall) and I was running Gingeritis beta V with Imo's test4 kernel. When I upgraded to the test6 kernel (which was only supposed to fix wifi with no other changes) my charging was miraculously fixed. Not sure how! Imo posted on the xda forums that he will be looking into charging problems today.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm seeing the same looonnnngggg charging time too which I hope get fixed and this happened on multiple Roms. I remember the same thing with the Dinc going from 2.1 to 2.2 and it was something I just got use to because it never changed.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The Froyo custom kernels had some modifications that speeds up the charging process. I recall that being mentioned as a benefit of the das BAMF 1.6.x ROMs. These early GB kernels likely don't have this functionality as the devs are focusing on other issues. My guess is that we will see improved charging time as the devs continue to work on the code.

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
okay, never seen the problem before, and that makes sense. just glad to know it wasn't a problem with my new battery. thanks for the input. do these custom kernels also get rid of the need for this "bump charging" i'm hearing about? would love to know the reasoning for not letting a battery fully charge.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
All you need to do is reboot while charging. It seems that you only get one fast charging session for whatever reason per boot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez