My 'phone' doesnt work: help?

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Been this for an hour! Ugh. FC saying:

the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I'm on gingertheory. It happens when I hit the phone button.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would download the file again maybe, or at least check the md5 against whats listed in that thread.
Then i would probably do another clean install - wipe data, cache, and dalvik 3 times each.
When switching to Gingerbread from Froyo, i read somewhere on xda that you should also Format System (under mounts and partitions i believe in recovery mode), which i have done recently when switching back and forth. Not EXACTLY sure what that does but it hasn't harmed anything and i've had smooth transitions between froyo and gb roms myself with this method..

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
ok, so now I wiped cache and dalvik, restarted my phone AND NOW my phone wont finish booting up. I get a full task bar but the Sense 3.0 lockscreen doesnt load...therefore making the phone useless. I cant boot in to recovery, nothing.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
ok, so now I wiped cache and dalvik, restarted my phone AND NOW my phone wont finish booting up. I get a full task bar but the Sense 3.0 lockscreen doesnt load...therefore making the phone useless. I cant boot in to recovery, nothing.

If there is a pg05img.zip file on the SD you should remove or rename it first.

Pull the battery out, wait a min, put it back and boot to hboot with power and vol down held together.
Select recovery and you can either restore a backup or wipe everything, data, cache, dalvik cache, twice each, then flash ROM by selecting install zip from SD, choose zip from SD, navigate to ROM zip file.

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If there is a pg05img.zip file on the SD you should remove or rename it first.

Pull the battery out, wait a min, put it back and boot to hboot with power and vol down held together.
Select recovery and you can either restore a backup or wipe everything, data, cache, dalvik cache, twice each, then flash ROM by selecting install zip from SD, choose zip from SD, navigate to ROM zip file.

well..i had my blackberry so i used that and deleted the file, still to no avail so i just wiped and reinstalled...ugh, sucks. I wanna know why it did that though so I know for next time.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me, too on DB 2.1 Remix
i then wiped data cache/dalvik/factory wipe-reset all 3times each re-downloaded the ROM, checked the MD5Sum and reinstalled the ROM fresh.
set everything up & got the exact same error like every 5 minutes.
i then went thread hunting & found out it had to do with an account on the phone syncing.

apparently it's some problem with a Google Calendar sync & also possibly linked to Twitter/Peep being synced to the phone.
read this thread for a more thorough explanation:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/87051-bamf-2-0-4-01-gapps-fc.html

i disabled sync of all my accounts to test it--and my phone stopped FC'ing with that error.

Reactions: zero neck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo