Review coming tomorrow (Wednesday)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I received my Excite yesterday while I was at work. I have had a chance to get most of it set up, but I still have a few things to do yet. I want to wait until tomorrow to write the review.

I can tell you that so far so good. I do, however, still have a problem with my calendar syncing properly and I am sure now that the issue is on my end. That being said, the other problems I had with the Acer a510 I have not yet seen. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Up to now, I do like it and I plan on keeping it. I am in the process of draining my battery down all the way so that it reaches that low point at least once. Before the end of the week I will set Neflix on it to test the battery to get a clear estimation of exactly how long this battery will last. I don't think it will give me as much time as the a510.

Ok ... I will save the rest for my review tomorrow!

gameling

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Like you, I am deciding to go with the Excite over the Acer A510 or Transformer TF300 but mine is on order from Adorama. If you have time and can run some benchmarks (Quadrant or others) and test wifi and GPS reception that would be awesome. Also, comments on the display clarity and brightness and whether or not you have any pixel problems or backlight leakage. Lastly, I would be interested to hear what you think of the speakers compared to the A510 since that one has been said to have the best speakers on any tablet.

Thanks,
Gary

Reactions: skatergirl

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the 305 today and will give my side by side impression with the TF300. It is definitely brighter, although not a ton. It is deceivingly thinner and is much nicer in the hand due to the rounded edges, etc.

However, I am having terrible light bleed. Usually this does not bother me, but this is pretty bad. I will be exchanging tomorrow and trying for better luck.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the 305 today and will give my side by side impression with the TF300. It is definitely brighter, although not a ton. It is deceivingly thinner and is much nicer in the hand due to the rounded edges, etc.

However, I am having terrible light bleed. Usually this does not bother me, but this is pretty bad. I will be exchanging tomorrow and trying for better luck.

I have not noticed any light bleed on mine. I am sorry to hear that you have this problem.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Janet. Hoping I got a bad device. Will try and exchange today and see if that takes care of it.

Looking forward to your review!

Yes, try a new one. I actually did a test after reading your post. There is a youtube link for people to test the screen. It was all black and I didn't see any bleed.