Customized bootanimation & sound?

XenoTemplar

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Can I make my USCC Samsung Mesmerize SCH-i500 on 2.3.4 GB boot w/ my own totally customized logo & sound wave file (its actually a notification tone I downloaded)?
I would like to make my, above described model, phone boot up w/ "Xeno's phone!" (yes, I'm very possessive) & my notification tone is Freddy Krueger saying "Welcome to my world, b***h!"
Possible &, if so, how?
I am on rooted stock, not any themed &/or debloated ROM, I've tried the bootanimation changer in Absolute System Root Tools but all they can do is download, every time I try to install, it asks to reboot for it to take effect but never changes anything, thats why I'm asking to just do it w/ my own type of thing manually.

Last edited:

anon(644990)

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
You need a root file explorer and go to the root of your phone and find the system folder and then the media folder.From here I suggest renaming the file sanim.zip to oldsanim.zip or sanim.zip.old to keep it just in case. Then bring over the file you want for the boot animation and rename to sanim.zip. As for the audio file from the media folder go back up to system and find the etc folder and find 0406_PowerOn.mp3 and rename it the same as the zip file like old0406_PowerOn.mp3 and place the audio file you want there and rename it to the 0406_PowerOn.mp3 now exit and reboot. Enjoy your new boot animation. For further help you can hit up https://www.facebook.com/groups/samsungmesmerize/ and their document section is fantastic.

XenoTemplar

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I'm going to do this now!

I used File Expert but there is nothing in the /system/media dir that's called sanim.zip, no .zip files at all, there is, however, 2 folders (audio & video) & 25 different .qmg files, 2 in particular:
1) bootsamsungloop.qmg
2) bootsamsung.qmg
not sure if this may be the wrong folder or if its 1 or both off those 2 that is the bootanimation, the sound, on the other hand, is exactly what & where you stated (0406_PowerOn.mp3 in /system/etc) so that's all set.
I more/less just want to change the logo at the star-up from "Samsung" to "Xeno's Phone!!!" I don't really care if it's a moving/spinning/neon/flashing logo just as long as it says that & has the sound I like,which as I said, I have found that file.
On a side note: why can't Absolute System Root Tools download the preview for the bootanimation? I'm thinking since its not changing it on its own (after I reboot, it stays the same default setting) maybe I can use your instructions posted here and try it with one of the many downloaded from here before moving on to my own totally customized one.

Last edited: