Noob updating to official froyo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I'm new to smartphones. I saw that the new update was available thru kies mini and "I jump in it". How long is something like this supposed to take? The firmware upgrade status bar has been at 65% for almost two hours. Is this bad trouble or should I just be more patient?
Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've never used kies but nothing should take two hours, im not in front of a comp to investigate this but is there a trouble shooting section
Hello, everyone. I'm new to smartphones. I saw that the new update was available thru kies mini and "I jump in it". How long is something like this supposed to take? The firmware upgrade status bar has been at 65% for almost two hours. Is this bad trouble or should I just be more patient?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlackhawkCheef
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
the trouble shooting section is pretty sparse. Is there any way I can start over at this point? Phone is in download mode and says do not turn off target. Kies Mini window says do not disconnect phone/do not turn of pc. All was going well up until then.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ill be home in 15 mins to check it out ....were you rooted or stock....also does the screen tell you what part it is on or just a percentage
the trouble shooting section is pretty sparse. Is there any way I can start over at this point? Phone is in download mode and says do not turn off target. Kies Mini window says do not disconnect phone/do not turn of pc. All was going well up until then.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Woohooo! I'm so happy :) It finished about the same time you guys posted. Seems to be running pretty smooth for now with none of my apps. I really dont know any quick way to guage it without more time. What do you guys want to know, battery? browser speed? Kinda looks the same. Small superficial differences but you prob know more about froyo than me.

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I uninstalled antivirus software from pc instead of just disabling it. That was the only change I made. I couldn't find an option to turn off antivirus, only temporarily disable. I thought I could just do that and keep clicking extend timer. Failed.

Last edited:

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Woohooo! I'm so happy :) It finished about the same time you guys posted. Seems to be running pretty smooth for now with none of my apps. I really dont know any quick way to guage it without more time. What do you guys want to know, battery? browser speed? Kinda looks the same. Small superficial differences but you prob know more about froyo than me.

Glad to hear you got it going!

There are lots of little diiferences from .1 to .2, you'll mostly come across these in your menu options. Biggest difference you'll probably notice is you now get flash in your browser.

Reactions: BlackhawkCheef

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
4am, I got a $200 brick, I needed help, and DroidXcon's there with a straight head. Thank you!

DroidXcon is awesome, thats for sure! A very helpful guy! But the cool thing about this site is hes the norm, not the exception...lots of helpful folks!

Well now that youve got 2.2 going dont be a stranger! We welcome the commraderie around these parts!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699