Official USC Jellybean 4.1.1 early release

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Huge thanks to TeamUSCellular.com, specifially user atronin, for making this available this early!

Thread can be found here:

Jellybean Update on GS3 now available - Galaxy S3 Discussion - TeamUSCellular

Official file :

Stock Jelly Bean Update - TeamUSCellular

Released to USCellular stores on 12/13/2012. Will be release OTA on 12/21/12, or you can install above file, or go to local USCellular store so they can install the same file as above for you.

Keep in mind this is a large file (800MB+) so backup device while it downloads.

How to install:

How to flash OFFICIAL Jelly Bean Update - Galaxy S3 Guides/Tutorials - TeamUSCellular

I have installed and will screenshot from my phone in the next post.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
u7e9aze5.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

cameron 1

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
When I download the file it will not let me unzip it with winzip which is the program is use to extract......What am i doing wrong?

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I had to open the file and move the compressed zip file out of the original file before it would be recognized.
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I just called my local US Cellular here in Maine, they confirmed they have Jelly Bean and can update my phone... I'm running there now to see if its true! If so, screens to follow!

Edited for an Update: US Cellular in Maine upgraded my phone from ICS to Jelly Bean, no issues, took around 15 minutes..

Screenshot of Device Info imgur: the simple image sharer

Home Screen imgur: the simple image sharer

That is a really nice wallpaper you have. Love it!

drewme

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just went to my us cellular store here in NC and they didn't know anything about not even when the official OTA update would be....I was really looking forward to having jellybean :/

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just go to the links above.

From what I understand, this may not be an OTA update. USCellular will have a link to the update on the Galaxy S3 page when they make it available and you can do it that way.

When they do, it will be similar to the way they are doing with the Galaxy S2 that they released the other day here: Android Downloads | Android-Powered Phones | U.S. Cellular

You will likely follow the same instructions like here: SAMSUNG

But I went ahead and used the same file they will be using (which is in the links in the original post).

I can understand wanting to wait though. I just could not wait anymore.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
No because the baseband, kernel and build # information is all the same.

Doing this today at home is no different than taking it to a USCelluar store. The only difference between doing it this way via Odin instead of the Samsung installer is that the Samsung installer will be even more simplified/streamlined than this.

Either way you are going through the same install process, just an extra step this way having you browse for the file in Odin.

Make sure to back any data up you want to save (SMS, pictures, videos, music, etc) as this way will do a complete wipe of your device (which I prefer anyway).

Forgy

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Purchased my S3 last week. Shows it is running ICS version 4.0.4 and Kernel version 3.0.8

This JB update shows a kernel version 3.0.31; My question is based off of the warranty void post, stating "the baseband, kernel, and build # are all the same", yet would this not be downgrading my kernel version?

I'm new to this so if someone could explain this to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith