How do I restore to factory spec? (I've done some homework about this, but it's not working yet)

helloJeffreyJames

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
"Complete(Write) operation failed"

GS3 model: SCH-530UV
Hardware Version: R530U.01

I've had the phone for a week. Little did I know how fragile these things were. I dropped it 3 feet which cracked the screen and stopped the camera from working. I wish I was a little less eager to root the thing. Now I have to get it back to factory spec or I'm sure they'll say it's not covered. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, here's what I've tried thus far...

A picture is worth 1000 words:
Image%202013-09-24%20at%204.57.10%20AM.png

I have the original firmware (I hope). Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

here's the output:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> COMBINATION_R530UVXALK5_R530UUSCLK5_525603_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I read somewhere that a person switched their usb port and this did not help. different cables etc. also didn't help.

Last edited:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You need to find your ruu thats ment for your phone re lock the boot loader and put the stock rom back on it then run the ruu and it will convert it back to the stock version remove the root put your stock recovery back on like you never rooted it

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
WARNING DO NOT FLASH THE WRONG ONE YOU WILL HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE DONT KNOW WHAT HARD BRICK IS?? EVER SEEN A 300 DOLLAR PAPER WEIGHT?? BRICK YOUR PHONE AND THATS WHAT YOU WILL HAVE

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app