Customize bottom 4 buttons (not the hard ones)

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Prior to the GB update I thought I had swapped one of the bottom 4 icons for a Handcent icon.
I then moved the stock Message button onto another page.

Can we still customize those 4 buttons? We used to be able to hold them down and move them off the home screen.

Thx

jmmurphy32

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Tap the Applications icon on the launcher. When you're looking at all your apps just hit the menu button and select "Edit". You can change 3 of the apps.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Your instructions seem to be the ones before I did the GB update. I used to go into settings>applications>manage applications and there was a little gear on top left that allowed me to edit 3 of those icon buttons (or clicking on the app). But since the GB update I don't see how to accomplish this anymore.

I am not rooted.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
jmmurphy32 has already explained how to do it - but let's see if this helps you:

1. Tap the Applications icon on the launcher.
2. Hit the menu button and select "Edit" (or you can select the "gear" icon at the top left)
3. Find the icon of the app you want to bring into the bottom bar
4. Touch and hold the icon to select it, then drag it to the bottom bar
5. Repeat as necessary

The process you are going through isn't correct and wasn't correct prior to GB either.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for both of your replies. I finally got it by following your instructions exactly.
When I read the first reply the word launcher threw me. I thought the poster thought I was using one of those launcher program from the app store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat