Who else is liking this phone?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm really feeling this phone for some reason. Samsung will always have the best screen tech and their hardware does not disappoint. I also really like the design of this phone, it looks professional for some reason.

Hopefully we will see all carriers get a version similar to this. I would consider going to Verizon just for this phone and knowing that Verizon will always get the top stuff. However, if I went to Verizon how does selling your phone work? With T-Mobile if I want a new phone I just sell my current one and buy the new one outright, how does that work with Verizon?

Reactions: KB3MMX

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Looking like the Bionic or Thunderbolt have my attention at this point. I like Samsung, and still do (despite the Froyo situation), but I'm not digging this thing much. HATE the hardware buttons, and don't particularly care for the overall design of it either.

darkhemingway

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I really don't like the way this phone looks. Let down it's not in the same style as the galaxy s or nexus s. Looks like a blackberry. Thumbs down.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im in it for the screen and the way it works, the buttons or the shape is of no concern to me. So im getting one

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Is anyone else kinda dissapointed with Verizon's offerings and this phone? I mean no dual core and no nfc! Sure the screen is nice but now that Verizon is extending the amount of time I will have to wait to upgrade my phone I def. want to make sure that the phone I pick will be one that will be cutting edge for a while and this just feels like a half ass refresh of the Galaxy S phones with a really ugly chin! And lets not even get into the fact that this phone is surely destined to never get an OS update becuz its a Samsung.

Eazail70x7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a good phone but still lacking dual core. At least at&t's galaxy s 2 has a bigger 4.5 inch screen, 1750mAh battery and slightly faster procesor. At&t seems to have the better galaxy s this year.

I'm hoping for an Epic 4g 2 with a 4.3-4.5 super amoled plus screen, 1gb ram, improved camera, dual core procesor, etc.

Reactions: SteveIowa

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
I would've got down with a nexus s with lte and a sd slot.

Oh man I would have jumped on board in a heartbeat, Samsungs hardware is always topnotch its the software followthru that they suck on and at least here Google would be handeling that. But Verizon needs to cram every phone with crapware and bing it out so Nexus is not going to happen :(

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh man I would have jumped on board in a heartbeat, Samsungs hardware is always topnotch its the software followthru that they suck on and at least here Google would be handeling that. But Verizon needs to cram every phone with crapware and bing it out so Nexus is not going to happen :(

Looks like the newest stuff we're seeing from Verizon is bingless, just an FYI ;)

babyfett

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Not feeling it. The 4.3 inch screen is too big for me. I find the 4.0 screen on the Fascinate to be the sweet spot, in terms of size. Wishing they had a 4.0 offering and then I'd be in.

jstkdn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
....if I went to Verizon how does selling your phone work? With T-Mobile if I want a new phone I just sell my current one and buy the new one outright, how does that work with Verizon?

Same. It's your phone, so if you want a new one, you sell what you have, if that's the way you do it, then you just buy the phone you want for full retail price, and there's no new contract.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Looks like the newest stuff we're seeing from Verizon is bingless, just an FYI ;)

Yea I agree except for the LG phone which had bing at CES but thats not really my point just saying that Verizon seems to want to have more control over the content the phone ships with and wouldn't want to be told they cant put what they want on a phone so an unlocked pure Google phone isn't up their alley

SteveIowa

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
---- And here is my thoughts roundup, of CES. (Still in a holding pattern, with the AC spam filter Gods) : - )
---- First, the things that impressed me, from CES. 1st: Samsung Infuse. Big battery, Big screen, Big memory, Big Processor, Big Camera. I hope we see a cdma version soon. 2nd: Samsung Galaxy Tab Love and support. They just keep adding to it. Media Hub support, DLNA, Media agreements, Gingerbread, etc. (my next TV could be a Sammy?)
Now for the disappointments: Really to many to count. 1st: No mention of Tablet phones? (Yeah, I want to carry around 2 devises, totalling $1400:( 2nd: HTC & Verizon. Saying this is not your next phone, but the one after that! - WHAT? - They obviously don't know us very well. Its just a warmed over Evo. (Infuse did better) 3rd: Phil going home a day early. L o l. (just kinda kidding) If this show had been, all it was hyped up to be. He would still be there!
I say Sammy won the day. As much as I hate to say it. I'm a Big HTC Fan. And have been waiting for their tablet, as well. (another no show there) I wanted to see something very special from them. Looks like tech. is on a 2 year cycle?
--- Thank you all for going, in our absence. And for all the Tweets. Looks like 2011 is going to be a very mediocre year.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11